Citicard- Admit charges are automatic

andyace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had Citicard on the telephone demanding money and had an intereting conversation with them.

I started to question the level of charges stating that they are unfair and to high when she announced that there was nothing she could do because they are automatically applied.

I then asked if someone had to do this and was told that the computer does this automatically at midnight on the day that the offence occured.

I pressed her a bit more and said

"so no one pushes a button then to apply the charges"

"oh no its automatic by the computer" was the reply.

Well we all know this anyway.

I asked if the call was being recorded and it was and have her name and the time that was displayed on her screen.Would it be worth making a DPA request for this or is there already enough evidence to use against them.

Cheers

Andyace

(5% asap)

cheers

andyace

citicards= £650/settled £650

Alliance and Leicester= £1534/request for payment sent/LBA sent/standard refusal/moneyclaimsent/settled £2003.36

You can request this information but it will no doubt be conveniently 'lost'.

It's good practice to routinely record all conversations with any organisation you deal with so you have your own record of any conversation which took place.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

Sorry to but in here but how would I go about recording the calls, what sort of kit would I need.

Thanks

Jim

Nothing done yet, Just arrived at the site recently, but the following banks etc will be hearing from me

Nationwide acc 1

Nationwide acc 2

Nationwide acc 3

My MBNA

Wifes MBNA

My Citibank

Wifes Citibank

My GE Money

Wife's GE Money - £78.85 - Preliminary letter sent 5/6/06

Mint - £140.00 - Preliminary letter sent 5/6/06

Capital One

You can get a basic lead for a few quid from an electonics place such as Maplins. Then just plug one end into your phone and the other end into a tape recorder, dictaphone, PC, etc - anything with a recording facility.

Or if you use Skype to make calls using your PC you can get software to record your calls - Read BF's Review Here

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.