court date tommorow! (25th April)

zonecrew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they dont turn up you will win by default.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

See this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/82148-got-court-date-important.html

Is there contractual interest involved? I take it not with a claim so small.

I think they've probably forgotten about you. As the others have said, if they don't turn up you'll most likely get judgement, or the judge may invite you to proceed in the Defendants absence.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just back from Whitehaven County Court.

Lloyds TSB didnt turn up (as expected) I sat down in front of the judge and he was surprised I was in court as he believed I may be the first person to sit down in front of a judge in connection with Lloyds charges but they had most likely overlooked the hearing

He asked me if I had attempted to settle before court, i explained that I had attempted a number of times but i always got nowhere with their solictors.......asuming i got through to them by telephone.

Anway, he looked through my court bundle and said he would not make a decision today, i should expect one in writing in 10 to 14 days.

So, I'm in limbo at present......he did ask me if i wanted to claim travel expenses (which may be a positive sign) I asked about costs for preparing the case, he said this wasnt allowed.

Did you ask him why it will take him 14 days to decide, frankly if the defendant don't show up then thats their problem not yours.

No, i didnt ask him, maybe this is the first time it has happened to him and he wanted to make sure he got things right?? i'm not sure to be honest!

ps thanks for combining my thread.....:oops:

Bet your ass if the shoe was on the other foot and you didnt turn up it would have been dealt with on the spot.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Phoned court

Theres a backlog of cases, they are working on cases up until 17th April so it wll take at least another week before i get a reply

looks like the banks are taking a bit of a hammering! hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Good news is i received judgement in my favour due to Lloyds TSB not showing up to the hearing, i'm angry that it has taken almost a year to get the grand sum of just over 200quid! One things for sure TSB will never see another penny of my money again in the future!

The judgement was dated 9th May but has only been delivered today due to backlogs at the court, they were supposed to pay me by the 21st May......should i phone SC&M and request immediate payment or go for the jugular (as i have done so in the past with TSB) and send the bailiffs round?? Can I get a form online?

I think I would phone SC& M (That is even if they will speak to you).

Explain your judgment.

Give them a very limited time to pay if they do not then appoint the bailliffs.

It appears SC&M have slipped up again.

You need to get a form from the courts to apply for judgment.

Good Luck.

I phoned them and got through to a very snotty lady (arent they all who work for SC&M!!) She said someone would call me back, so me being a fool waited in most of the day.....no phone call......:mad:

I phoned back and got through to the same person, she said that i had to appreciate it but they are getting thousands of phone calls about these charges and call only do so much, so i told her she had until the 31st may or i would be getting the bailiffs in...:p

After three wasted phone calls I have decided to issue a warrant of execution. I am sick to the back teeth of speaking to SC&M.

I wonder if Lloyds TSB really understand the damage they are doing to their reputation by in my opinion being the worst bank to claim against, even when they have lost they still wont give you the money without a dog-fight! I for one will never take out another Lloyds TSB product again.