HSBC Charging Order and what Payplan have stated ..is this right??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm asking this on behalf of a friend because I was a little concerned by what he told me. He deals with Payplan and they have sorted out various issues for him, however HSBC bank have a charging order on his house, they have now come back to him and said they need him to increase payments from the £20 per month he is paying, if he doesn't they will then go for an attachment of earnings order. Can they do this? I would have thought having a charging order against his house was enough. Any advice greatly received :)

Having a charging order usually keeps them happy knowing that they will at some point get their money. Usually the pre CCJ threats are to gain a CO or attachment of earnings. Seems a bit unfair to want both, but I don't know the legailities of this.

Is your friend sure either at the CCJ or CO stage that a monthly amount was not mentioned by the court.

DM. Prior to a CO there would have been a CCJ. A CO is usually applied for if the CCJ order is not complied with. If payments agreed to satisfy a CCJ are kept to then this can be an option for suggesting that the court doesn't grant a CO. Sounds like the CCJ hasn't been satisfied or payments made in accordance with the order so they went for a CO which was granted. What they are now going for is enforcement of the CCJ to get the money. AOE is one option for them. Ultimately they do have the CO to fall back on.

The answer to your question then is Yes they can try. Could ask them to deal with PP as per other creditors or send them an Income & Expenditure statement showing that they cannot get any more blood out of the stone.

Good Luck to your friend.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

IANAL - Opinions offered are just my personal views and are not guaranteed to be correct. I have been known to be wrong (once or twice).

Claims in progress against:

Eldest - First Direct - Part Offer received - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/first-direct/79619-eldest-fd.html

Eldest - Halifax - Cheque Received Full amount - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/66254-here-we-go-eldest.html

Youngest - Halifax x 3 - Request for refund sent - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/79617-youngest-halifax.html

Eldest - unnamed Mortgage Provider for Charges and incorrect maths.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
can they go straight for a charging order without getting a ccj first?

No, unless of course it was voluntary as Suequenct as previously posted

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Before a court will consider an application for a charging order, the lender must have issued a county court judgement and you must have failed to make payments on that judgement or not paid the judgement according to the requirements of the court.

The lender will apply to the court for a charging order, once the court has considered the application and is satisfied with the application, you will receive the order on a N86 form.

The form will include information regarding the time and date of the hearing when the judge will decide if to make a final charging order.

If the judgement is put in place, you will receive a N87 form (Final Charging Order), this form will also be sent to the lender. The lender will then need to inform the Land Registry of the order.

Did you get an N86 or an N87 Form from the court?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers