Mike vs HSBC

Mikelatham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys! im starting my jounrey in the world of bank sueing!

Today as a start i went into my bank and simply asked for my last 6 years statements, and they printed them in 15 mins and charged me £15, which is fine as i dont mind paying the extra fiver for the speed. When asked what i needed them for, i simply replied "i'd rather not say"

I;m now giong to add up the details. i'm gonna have to wait till my day off on sunday as there's three inches thick of paper to go through!

Great site guys, glad to be part of it. i'm really excited by the prospect of claiming something back! I always wondered why the one time before i did complain about one individual charge they refunded it immediately - now i know.

I reckon i might need some help eventually hence coming on the forum, thanks for the support. 5% sounds fine.

Mike.

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

I;m now giong to add up the details. i'm gonna have to wait till my day off on sunday as there's three inches thick of paper to go through!

Good luck.

highlighters are on special offer in Staples at the moment..

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Good luck.

highlighters are on special offer in Staples at the moment..

haha, Hopefully i'll need lots of ink eh?

I've added them all up, and the total is £1050 without interest.

as im 21, thats only from the last 3 years!

Letters away soon.

Right, a few things...

Do i

a) send a letter first, or

b)phone the bank

and do i send the letter to branch or head office?

or phone branch or head office?

and which letter? the "asking for it back" or the "preliminary approach for refund" ??

and i have read the FAQ's but am a little unsure about wether or not to include the 8% apr on the first letter, or do i wait for them to offer me around 75% of the total then whack the interest on when i actually file a claim?

also, what proportion of people get their money back with just a one letter/phonecall??

eternally grateful, Mike

Right, a few things...

Do i

a) send a letter first, or

b)phone the bank

and do i send the letter to branch or head office?

or phone branch or head office?

and which letter? the "asking for it back" or the "preliminary approach for refund" ??

and i have read the FAQ's but am a little unsure about wether or not to include the 8% apr on the first letter, or do i wait for them to offer me around 75% of the total then whack the interest on when i actually file a claim?

also, what proportion of people get their money back with just a one letter/phonecall??

eternally grateful, Mike

Mike, you really should read the FAQs thoroughly before going any further. There is a step-by-step guide in the FAQs which details which letter you send and when. Don't bother dealing with them over the phone - keep it all in writing so you have records of everything.

Also, if you'd read the FAQs you would know the 8% only gets added on if it the claim goes to court.

As for how much they will offer you, they seem to make it up as they go along - it's a bit like the banker's offers on 'Deal or No Deal'! :)

Good luck!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Mike,

As well as thh FAQs, you should also familiarise yourself with the Library and other HSBC threads, particularly those that have closed.

If you read "step by step" instructions from the FAQ, you will see the course of a claim, the timeframes and the subsequent actions to be taken.

You will get your money back, but the claim is yours, and therefore you need to do as much of the research as you can..

Good luck. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sent my prelim to the branch manager (as advised my another branch) recorded delivery. waiting for a reply.

Spiceskull, i've just read all of your claim saga - its fantastic, you could almost have an autobiograpgy with that!

Spiceskull, i've just read all of your claim saga - its fantastic, you could almost have an autobiograpgy with that!
...that was only chapter one...the bank hasn't seen anything yet...

But my advice to anyone (who wants it) is to stick rigidly to the timetable, read as many threads as possible (as you have now done) and ignore everything the bank says unless it is a serious offer to settle. It is about patience, and sticking to your principles...they have none to stick to, and therefore have no chance. :)

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks spice, i'm getting a little obesessed with this now, told all my friends etc. im scared that the bank will catch on or suddenly use all of their lawyers and find a way to stop all further claims, or that this site will vanish from the face of the net!! god forbid. All my friends are behind me, and they are waiting untill i recieve payment for mine, before they start their claims. Looking forward to Tonight with trevor Mcdonald on monday at 8pm, as its all about this!!

I checked the web for delivery confirmation, no news yet :( so i cant count the days yet. (damn! i already wrote them in my diary!!)

Thanks again guys

Thanks spice, i'm getting a little obesessed with this now, told all my friends etc. im scared that the bank will catch on or suddenly use all of their lawyers and find a way to stop all further claims, or that this site will vanish from the face of the net!! god forbid. All my friends are behind me, and they are waiting untill i recieve payment for mine, before they start their claims. Looking forward to Tonight with trevor Mcdonald on monday at 8pm, as its all about this!!

I checked the web for delivery confirmation, no news yet :( so i cant count the days yet. (damn! i already wrote them in my diary!!)

Thanks again guys

No matter how good the bank's lawyers are, they can't change the law!

You have raised a valid point - how would you continue with your claim if this site disappeared? There's only one way we can keep it going - make a donation!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You have raised a valid point - how would you continue with your claim if this site disappeared? There's only one way we can keep it going - make a donation!
D'accord...:rolleyes:

Hold your horses, i said i'd donate :)

havent got a pot to wizz in till i get my claim through though!

i had an idea of starting a no win no fee type company to deal with this, but they already exist, and they are money grabbing bar stewards, as we get it here for free. i love this forum, i love my £1060, i love giving to a good cause where its due. so, after my claim i will stay here to help others to get theirs back, and donate.

Sorry - I wasn't pimping or whoring. What I was agreeing with is that it would be a shame for the site to close down as a victim of it's own success. As people are refunded they should have three points of call:

• Notify the court that the claim has been settled
  • Complete the survey
  • make a donation (suggested at 5%...but this is completely voluntary)

In doing these things 'winners' can help to ensure that other people can win too. We all realise the catch 22 of "no money to donate until a win" - but there have been people who have come on the site, made full use of the resources and help, got their money back and then bugg*red off.

When you get your money back, contribute whatever you feel is deserved...don't forget, if your experience leads you to make another claim, it would be good to know that the site is still there for the second claim...:rolleyes:

Update:

Online delivery confirmation of Prelim 5/6/06

they have untill 19/6/06 to give me a 'positive response'

Update:

Parachute opened today at Natwest.

Didnt get a free shower radio. Is that legal??? ;)

did you get a debit card with that account there, Mr thundercat? ;)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

They would have given me it if i had a pay slip with me. when i take a payslip in tomorrow they are going to send it out. they need proof of income. on the application form they put the net monthly income box as "£0" and it passed for the gold account. im impressed seeing as i declined for a co op smile account.

Got a solo card in the post today, will be made into a maestro in 3 months.

This waiting game is terrible!!! HSBC only got my prelim on the 5th,5 days ago, and i cant wait to reieve a stupid nonsense reply and to send the LBA! oh well i will have to be patient.

I said before that my friends were behind me on this, but now im getting annoyed by them saying "they will just say no" and "you cant sue a bank"

They wont be saying that soon. I'm sick of telling them that its not just about writing one letter, and that i have to be prepared for court just in case. They always respond with "but it costs a fortune to go to court" - to which i really enjoy telling them all about what i have learnt on this site, in regards to small claims etc. They obviously dont know me that well if they didnt think i'd read up about that sort of thing before embarking on the claim.

I think on this forum we are all like minded people, wanting to stand up for ourselves, not just trying to make a buck.

Now they all want me to copy the prelim i showed them, and put their name on it!! to which i said its not that simple, and started to explain the DPA process and then just thought.... only one thing for it guys, and that is read every post on www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Thats what we have done, and we will reap the rewards.

Good luck to everyone, and some for me too.

Mike

This waiting game is terrible!!! HSBC only got my prelim on the 5th,5 days ago, and i cant wait to reieve a stupid nonsense reply and to send the LBA! oh well i will have to be patient.

I said before that my friends were behind me on this, but now im getting annoyed by them saying "they will just say no" and "you cant sue a bank"

They wont be saying that soon. I'm sick of telling them that its not just about writing one letter, and that i have to be prepared for court just in case. They always respond with "but it costs a fortune to go to court" - to which i really enjoy telling them all about what i have learnt on this site, in regards to small claims etc. They obviously dont know me that well if they didnt think i'd read up about that sort of thing before embarking on the claim.

I think on this forum we are all like minded people, wanting to stand up for ourselves, not just trying to make a buck.

Now they all want me to copy the prelim i showed them, and put their name on it!! to which i said its not that simple, and started to explain the DPA process and then just thought.... only one thing for it guys, and that is read every post on www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

Thats what we have done, and we will reap the rewards.

Good luck to everyone, and some for me too.

Mike

precisely right, i've told family/work colleagues, and they saud the same, "please just tell me what to do " etc, i said its not that simple,and at the end of day, it would be their responsibilty if it ever went to court , so everyone has to scour this forum and try to make themselves into an expert

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation