CB Vs CapOne + CI, Advice ?***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So over the weekend I also received a couple of letters from Hampton ilLegal, Lowells paramilitary wing.

The second was dated 6/09, a week AFTER Cap1 had agreed to pay me.

So I called them and told them that I require an apology for hounding my for payment even though Cap1 have paid up and to also confirm that all collection activity has ceased.

Well the organ grinder from Hampstons, said he couldn't do any of that as there is still a balance showing on their computer.

Oh dear silly people.

So I have given them 14 days to rectify this situation otherwise I shall be filing papers under the Admin of Justice Act 1970 s40. (Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31) - Statute Law Database)

Just typing up the LBA now and see what happens, CAG sticker on it as well.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So over the weekend I also received a couple of letters from Hampton ilLegal, Lowells paramilitary wing.

The second was dated 6/09, a week AFTER Cap1 had agreed to pay me.

So I called them and told them that I require an apology for hounding my for payment even though Cap1 have paid up and to also confirm that all collection activity has ceased.

Well the organ grinder from Hampstons, said he couldn't do any of that as there is still a balance showing on their computer.

Oh dear silly people.

So I have given them 14 days to rectify this situation otherwise I shall be filing papers under the Admin of Justice Act 1970 s40. (Administration of Justice Act 1970 (c.31) - Statute Law Database)

Just typing up the LBA now and see what happens, CAG sticker on it as well.

Curlytots :-D where on earth do i get these CAG stickers from ?

Congratulations.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Cheque's cleared so this is done.

I suppose I should call the court and cancel ;)

CONGRATS

Hopefully going down this route with them soon, although not sure how much my charges will be, but had the account since 2002, so you never know!

Did you include all the £12 ones in the end? As I had a few of them before I started work 2 months ago.

Op's

CASES:

HALIFAX

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - statements received.

Waiting for money to do N1

CAPITAL ONE

WON - Fees, purchase interest, court costs and Stat.

VANQUIS BANK

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

I hate this company

LLOYDS TSB BANK (SISTER)

20/09/2007 - statements received

22/11/2007 - N1 filed

Lloyds TSB CREDITCARD (SISTER)

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

20/09/2007 - statements received

Great Curlyben. Feels good winning for a change.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you tell a DCA a dedbt is Statute Barred and that you will not be paying then they should leave you alone. Thats the law. Most DCAs are a bit slow on the uptake however and will try all sorts of tricks to try and convince you to pay. If they continue to chase for a Statute Barred debt then you MUST report them to TS and the OFT.

Jenny, just in case they start asking about it, please make sure that you don't talk to them about the debt EVER, on the phone. If it's statute barred, that's it. There is nothing to talk about.

As ODC says, if they do keep trying to contact you, report them to Trading Standards and the Office Of Fair Trading.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers