Lloydstsb

benjy48
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I got a letter yesterday from Lloyds and basically it is saying that because of the OFT legal proceedings, the FOS has decided to put all investigations concerning fairness and legality of unauthorised overdraught charges on hold, until a decision has been made by the courts. What does THIS mean in taking our claims to court? Will we have to wait longer for the claim to bew heard by the court or that LLoyds will now have an excuse to suspend payments until such time the OFT get their act together..

thanks Barty, I thought it was all going to end in a standstill, BTW have you or anyone else had any experience in the Croydon courts, are they any worse or better than other courts throughout the country?

I think it will be pretty much the same all over the country. Hopefully, and most probably, you won't have to do the whole court process anyway! ;)

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Hi Monopoly23!!! Great to hear from you. As you may be aware, the banks are using the recent court issue with the OFT to delay payments. I had a letter from Lloyds yesterday sating as much and hiding behind the OFT court ruling, which could take months to for a hearing to take place. I was initially peeved as this seems to drag on more and more, but I was told to carry on regardless . So you still think that I won't have to go through the court process? That's at the very least positive...I am in the process of assembling my bundle and will take the lot to the court on Monday.

Prayers please!!!:)

Hi Benjy.

Am I being stupid here? I thought you had only just filed the N1? If so, you don't need to do a bundle for months! I didn't even start one.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Also I want to add charges from May till now in the Simple Charges Excel spreadsheet, but the formulas have either been deleted or disappeared. How can I restore the formulas so that I can add these new figures. It involves columns "Days Since Offence" and "8% Interest". Please help as I need to get this to the courts with the N1 as soon as I can.

OK when you file at court all you need to take is 3 copies of your claim form, and 3 copies of your schedule of charges. They will give you a receipt, and a few days later you will get one stamped sealed claim form returned to you by the court. You will also get a letter saying when the claim will be deemed served on the defendant, and how long they have to acknowledge and defend.

You don't have to do a court bundle unless 1) Lloyds dont settle and you do get a court date, even though they will probably settle and, 2)You get directions from the court to file the bundle. It will give you the date you have to do this by - there is absolutely no rush yet.

As for the spreadsheet, the two columns probably disappeared because after you deleted them to print and send with your LBA, you most likely saved it like that when you shut down excel.

What you need to do now is open another new spreadsheet from this site and copy and paste your charges information across to it as the formulas won't be in your original spready now you've deleted the columns. If there aren't enough rows just right click the line number and select insert row until you have enough. When everything is pasted over, you will have to input all the dates of the charges again, but the formula will be there and it will work out all the interest for you.

Get back to me if you're stuck and I'll see what I can do. :)

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Again the Angel of Mercy has aided me in my time of need...Thanks Monopoly23 -

How long did you wait for the money to be put into your account, from the date you took the N1 to court until the bank settled?

Filed on the 11th, got settlement letter the day before the OFT test case was announced, 26th I think. Money went into account yesterday!

I sent the reply slip back guaranteed delivery and they seemed to respond to it more quickly. I was just in the nick of time it seems. I still don't get why they bothered to settle so soon after I filed when they must have known this test case was coming up?? :confused: Oh well, Im not complaining!

Did you get the spreadsheet sorted?

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Again the Angel of Mercy has aided me in my time of need...Thanks Monopoly23 -

How long did you wait for the money to be put into your account, from the date you took the N1 to court until the bank settled?

Well I filed 6mths ago and still have not got anything.

With the test case, it may be at least another 6mths before I get anything.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Well I filed 6mths ago and still have not got anything.

With the test case, it may be at least another 6mths before I get anything.

Sorry to hear that Dolly, but you should have got a settlement by now. Your filed claim was issue long before the OFT decided on their court case and the delay got underway... I believe others more aware and experienced in this forum should advise you on this, sorry I could not be any more help, just wanted to encourage you..

Dolly I have tried to check your thread but you seem to have deleted every post from it. Did Lloyds acknowledge and defend the claim?

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

i filed mine on 5th march through mcol and i have not received anything yet so your not alone dolly! i dont see how they come to be paying out people who have just started and have no court date yet are not paying those that do have ! I have court date for september

Lol. I don't understand it either malaga. I filed an N1 though, not by MCOL. Maybe that's why? Im assuming that my local court are sorting the papers out a lot quicker than the bulk centre would, as its a lot less busy there - that's the only explanation I can think of.

Hasn't your claim been acknowledged?

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

Dolly I have tried to check your thread but you seem to have deleted every post from it. Did Lloyds acknowledge and defend the claim?

Yes they acknowledged and defended - we are one of the untimely few where, at the time, Lloyds went to the wire before settling. There are quite a few of us about. They have since become like Nationwide were - as soon as you file, they pay.

As for deleting the posts, I did so after I got a barrage of abuse via PM's from a certain poster on here.

And finally, as for getting help from someone more experienced - I have been on this forum since practically the beginning and was a site helper for quite a long time before ill health forced me to take a back role. I have also had 3 other claims settled so I do know what I am doing. No offence taken though! :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

I just didnt get why you were worrying even though I did think you had experience cos of your post count and signature! LOL No offence meant to you. Good luck with your claim.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

I just didnt get why you were worrying even though I did think you had experience cos of your post count and signature! LOL No offence meant to you. Good luck with your claim.

Not worrying, just might peed off!!! :lol: I'd spent that money in my head - big plans!