NCP Car Parks clamped, removed & destroyed my car without my knowledge from private..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please understand how much this car meant to me and for how much sentimental value the car has with me.

that doesn't read right, something along the lines of

You must understand that as I have owned this car for xx years, that it holds considerable sentimental value.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many adjectives. Keep it businesslike;

Your offer of compensation is greatly received, however, the amount in which you have offered is highly insufficient. Please understand how much this car meant to me and for how much sentimental value the car has with me.

To:

Your offer of compensation is noted, however, the amount suggested does not represent its true value. This car has much sentimental value to my family, and your illegal removal and disposal has caused much distress.

I would agree with asking the Audi Club to give a valuation.

While your waiting watch the end of this auction on ebay.

that ebay car is a write off, so its value is much less than the OPs motor

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 2 weeks later...

Another response from NCP

Please advise...:confused:

Dear Mr *****

Thank you, for your correspondence received on the 9th May 2007. Having considered your case I feel it is best for us to revalue your vehicle via our insurance service.

Having spoken to our insurance service they have advised with a copy of the V5 and the MOT certificate they will be able to revalue the vehicle via qualified engineers

You have also advised that you have an independent quote from Club Audi uk, if you can send this through to us this may assist also.

If you can send these documents to me via email, (scanned documents,) or in the post to

DVLA / NCP Compound

Crabtree Manor Way North

Belvedere

Kent

DA17 6LJ

I will then forward them immediately to our insurers.

Hopefully we will find a true value for your vehicle and can close this matter therafter

Yours Sincerely

Jamie Barnes

NCP/DVLA

Area Manager London

Well, it's heading in the right direction. I don't see the relevance of the MoT certificate unless they will use the lack of one as proof that the vehicle was unroadworthy and only scrap value. However their acceptance that the Audi Club have had an input is useful. I think you're at least getting there!

They may take a look at MOT advisory notes - ie items that were noted but did not constitute a fail.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Very intresting post some good points throughout. will follow post with eagerness, M.O.T do you have one, as like you state, there might be going after the scrap metal route, and offer again that value, i really thought such cars were worth alot more than £1.500 given its age and condition. hope everything works out in the end.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

• 1 month later...

Suggest to them that they either do as you want or they uncrush the car and return it to its original state. Do not budge on it, get an estimate from a couple of vehicle body repairers on restoring a car from crushed to original condition (tell them what you are doing and ask them hypothetically if money were no object and someone had crushed my car ala DVLA how much it would cost) and then send the DVLA the three quotes. If they hadnt been so bloody minded this wouldnt have happened. Insist they rebuild it, no replacement vehicle and no money could ever fill that void created by the loss of your car. You could tell them to ask their engineer how much he thinks it would cost!!! I am surprised you settled for £2000.... you have them, dont back down

And the lord said "come forth and i shall grant you eternal life" I came fifth and got a toaster!!!:D

I agree with threeamp!

Tell them to get it uncrushed.

You want to be put back in the same position as you were before this monumental screw up happened, which means them putting the vehicle back to the state it was before they stole it and damaged it.

go to the police & advise them the vehicle was stolen whilst legally parked(ask for CID, Not plod) follow it all the way and get the NCP prosecuted.

These big companies think they can get away with murder. And the DVLA have a database which is woefully out of date (by nearly a year if north wales police were to be believed!!), so they can use the fact that they are no longer fit for purpose as an excuse.

Cher-ching!!!

They paid up. I won't say for how much but I am satisfied.

Many thanks to all who contributed. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Power to the people!

[quote=big lox;995780

They paid up. I won't say for how much but I am satisfied.

quote]

oh come on!!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell us what they paid - that's the whole point as it was an unusual car. I have just sat and read the whole thread...... please?

pretty please?

pretty, pretty please..............!

• 4 months later...

Don't be ridiculous people. There are two scenarios here - ONE, he just doesn't want to tell us and who are we to harrass him into doing so, and B, he could have signed a confidentiality agreement... in which case he's absolutely right to remain silent.

Badgering him to disclose is acting like a five year old who wants to know what his christmas present is.