grAbbey National 'v' Hartnell - Any advise appreciated!

marmite-girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

morning all

finally had an email from ashurts - as I have had no response or acknowledgement of my wasted costs sread sheet ever getting to them, I thought I would keep sending it (daily :) ) until i did get a response.

so - minutes after I sent this mornings reminder.. I got a message from Clare Fletcher saying "I confirm that we have now received several copies of this email and there is no need to resend further copies"

Ooops!!

I sent her a very nice email back saying thank you and that im glad it has finally got through.. and I will now stop sending it - and could she make sure that a copy of the wasted costs is filed along with my court bundle, which they received on monday!

going to leave it now.. they have got everything from me.. their bundle needs to be in by this time next week.

more waiting!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats hilarious, let them ever try denying that they never received anything, so funny ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Make sure you print off the email you sent her, and her reply to take it to court, that will show just how stupid they if they try saying they have not received anything

:madgrin:

I can be very persistant - all I wanted was for them to say they had it!!

Yikes.. just checked back at how many times I actually sent it since Monday... Inga = 6, Clare = 7 & Ronan = 4.. think thats enough for them to get the message!

TAKE IT TO COURT!!! :eek:

stop saying that!!!! you are putting the willies up me now!

I wouldnt have thought you will get to court, they cheque should arrive soon, but you do need to be ready for it just in case

I know.. I am 'prepared' to go.. if needs be.. its just a daunting thought!

If I go.. and they dont turn up (but knowing my luck Clare Fletcher herself will turn up just to give me a slap on the court steps!) - does the case still get heard.. or does mr judge man say.. "never mind love, you win as they havent bothered to show"

morning everyone

all quiet on the shabbey front - keeping my head low this week, not going to email ashurts (promise :o )

can anyone tell me - has abbey every submitted a court bundle? their deadline for my claim is this friday - is it worth ringing the court to see if they have had one?

so many questions i know.. !! hope someone can put me right.. and shut me up!

Marmite x

hmmm - i thought that was the case.. but didn't want to build my hopes up!

i know ive asked the question before, but could someone point me in the right direction of the letter to send off for non compliance of the order.. or whatever it is i have to send when they dont come up with the bundle?!

sorry for being so demanding.. but im a woman.. who at this minute cant lay my hands on any chocolate!!!

Hi all. The deadline for my case was today. Abbey did NOT submit a bundle. They faxed the court this morning saying that they had settled (without admitting liability etc) so remove the case from their register.

B*gger that. The offer was £52 short of my refund, plus I will be claiming for wastage costs etc.

Do I now submit my additional costs to Abbey - maybe emailing them 45 times before they get p*ssed off and tell me not to email them any more??!

morning everyone

all quiet on the shabbey front - keeping my head low this week, not going to email ashurts (promise :o )

can anyone tell me - has abbey every submitted a court bundle? their deadline for my claim is this friday - is it worth ringing the court to see if they have had one?

so many questions i know.. !! hope someone can put me right.. and shut me up!

Marmite x

CH

Let me think......abbey submit a bundle????????????????????????

nope can't ever recall one;) ;) ;)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

I thought as much!! - thanks CF

Just had a 'read' reply from one of the 'dozens' of emails i sent Inga whilst she was away.. so may get a response (she laughs!) - with a nice fat offer! (one can live in hope!)

funnily enough, got a letter from Abbey yesterday offering me priority on a loan?? do they ever give in?

:rolleyes:

I should imagine a cheque will be on your doorstep along with a letter offering full settlement pretty soon, i would contact the court on monday if you dont receive full settlement offer, and request judgment due to them failed to submit bundle, the deadline on friday will be 4pm for them to submit, which of course we know they wont.

cheers for that ICY.. my poor postie is getting a little nervous as I go skipping down the path to greet him each day!!

will sit tight til friday then make a call on monday.

this site has been a constant source of support.. and much needed information.. i am fearful i will stick around when its all finished.. might even make up a pretend claim so i can still get advice - the stress of this one has nearly finished me off!!

Marmite x

Don't get stressed Marmite Girl!

I'm the one to get stressed! My court have ordered an allocation hearing in September. I have got ogether an allocation hearing witness statement and loads of other evidence, which I'm going to send to the court... and to shAbbey of course. I hope it shows them that I mean REAL business and that I am prepared to go the whole way to get my charges back!

(But.... I hope they offer to settle soon!)

OH LORDY!! all over the news this morning is the test case going to the high court!! As Im sure many of you are asking the same questions.. where does that leave us!!

The deadline for bundles etc for my case (10th August) is TODAY 4pm!! I read somewhere that it is down to the individual judge to decide about individual cases which are already going through.. is this right?

Im guessing that this throws out my "if abbey dont submit a bundle by 4pm today I can ask for judgement!" theory?!!!

Rats!

Any ideas anyone.. nuggets of wisdom... vallium!!

cheers for that cassie - have just had a read.. in my case it doesnt make it terribly clear.. think i will just sit tight and see if anything comes from the court!!

kicking myself now - wishing I had taken their 78% settlement offer.. greedy marmite girl!!!:(