Elmo73 V Nationwide**WON**

elmo73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the solicitors have been instructed to defend a certian % of case and I was just unlucky!

Will post details of the defence in due course.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

I am sure that this is the case Elmo but I just feel a bit down as both this claim for £600 and my other one against Nasty Vest for for £4500 are both being defended.

Still not downhearted-just slightly deflated.

PPMAN159

Had my letter today from nationwidetelling me that they have refunded me the money. just awaiting £795 in interest and court costs now. They told me it would be in my account tomorow. So I guess that is me finished. Good luck everyone else. Just stick with it. I didnt use the correct method and they still paid me before the deadline.

Elmo

My email to Mr Bacon read as follows;

Dear Mr Bacon

I would like to remind you that my Notice of Acknowledgment was served in the Northampton County Court on the 3rd of April, which gives Nationwide less than 7 days to file a defence against my claim.

I have again attached my Charges schedule and would hope that this matter is resolved very shortly before Court action takes place.

Yours faithfully

Just remember to attached you charges spreadsheet

Fingers Crossed !!

PP,

Don't be too nervous about the defence. They used to submit the defence after they paid up. The defence being, 'the claimant has received settlement in full'. Since they've received more claims they appear to be submitting defences before payment as a stalling tactic. It saves them the expense of employing even more people to deal with the mountain of angry customers. Just bear in mind, they didn't have a defence then, and as far as I'm aware they still don't now. The only cases I know of that are being defended are those that are claiming contractual interest.

Admittedly, the scariest part of the process is when the claim is deemed served. I'm sure everyone has had wobbly moments. Stick with it!

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

They have until tuesday to pay me anyway so i may leave it, they have already said that they intend to defend but i have had nothing since so i am sure i can wait another few days for the money. :D

WOOO HOOOOOOOOOO, I WON, ITS IN MY BANK, I'M RICH

Thanks to everyone for your support, it looks like i still have to get court costs back, but the majority of it is in my account :grin: :grin: :grin:

Me too Elmo-just checked the account and NW have credited the grand sum of £747.98 which is charges of £618.50,court costs of £80 and interest of £49.48.

I will now be able to take my 11 year old to Brands Hatch on Sunday for the A1 Grand Prix as promised.

Thanks to all on CAG for their help and guidance.

PPMAN159

Congratulations, i am £196.00 short but i am sure that will come shortly. What do i do now with mcol, obviously i have to wait until they have completely paid up.

A big big thank you again to all of you that have supported me. On to Capital One now lol.

:grin:

WELL DONE GUYS!!! GREAT NEWS!!

I went into Nationwide at lunch time to get some cheques raised, and it was the first time I had gone in there since getting my charges refunded yesterday. After the clerk took my card, she stared at her screen for a while and then said to me 'Have you had some bank charges refunded recently?' I felt a little embarresed but answered Yes. She leaned forward and said to me ' Well done'. How about that!!!

Elmo, wait till you get the full settlement and then just send them a short letter telling them that you have received a full settlement and that you wish to cancel your claim. Must state your claim number though.

Happy Spending!!

WELL DONE!!!!

huge congratulations to you both, happy spending!!!

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

In actual fact Macca, and I should have mentioned this ealier, but I did get a letter from the court today saying that the claim had been settled so I will send them a reply next week adving that all of the funds have been paid.

PPMAN 1 Nationwide 0

PPMAN159