Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya,

please can you let me know which court its happening at and the date and time if possible. Would like to attend and some others as well

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subscribing

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

I'll post it when I found out. It's expected to last a full day.

Excellent! This could be useful ....

But ... does it matter that the case concerned refers to UTCCR's 1994 as opposed to the current 1999 and had anything changed in between?

Any update in this house of lords ruling in 2002????????

Or, what's it called?

I would not of thought it matters which ones ('94 or '99) as long as the principles of the rules are the same....

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

The date for the appeal hearing has been scheduled for Monday 29 October. I'll post whch court it's taking place in when I know.

It appears he has now even more riding on the outcome of his case. Two TV channels have approached him about the possibility of him hosting a series on law. But as how these things work, he would need to win the case.

The hearing is at the Royal Courts of Justice in The Strand. It's expected

to kick off at 10.30 - that's assuming the judge dosn't decide to make it a long weekend.

He'll have only an hour to put his case so he's going to concentrate on 3 of the 10 arguments in his paper appeal. He has not informed the media

of the hearing to avoid any distractions.

The hearing is at the Royal Courts of Justice in The Strand. It's expected

to kick off at 10.30 - that's assuming the judge dosn't decide to make it a long weekend.

He'll have only an hour to put his case so he's going to concentrate on 3 of the 10 arguments in his paper appeal. He has not informed the media

of the hearing to avoid any distractions.

only an hour, kinda short isn't it? I will try and be there if i can

Does anyone know what happened yet?

the appeal hearing is on the 29th October 07, see post#1133 for details

regards,

shane

The oral application for permission to appeal was heard this morning, 29 October 2007, before Mr Justice Pitchford. The hearing went quite well, all things considered, and Pitchford J. has reserved judgement, which will most likely be handed down next week.

I will post here once I have received the judgment, but for now, it's a case of watch this space.

For a consideration of the issue of default provisions in consumer contracts being subject to the test of fairness, see Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank [2001] UKHL 52 (House of Lords - Director General of Fair Trading V First National Bank).

crfx, I'm in the same boat as Tom, but a bit more money. Second part of hearing on Thursday, Halifax not objecting to adjournment, but they have pulled out the big guns - five in Court - DLA. Could Tom take a look or recommend somebody?

Cheers

Tide

very best of luck Tide! :):)

• Haha 1

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

The oral application for permission to appeal was heard this morning, 29 October 2007, before Mr Justice Pitchford. The hearing went quite well, all things considered, and Pitchford J. has reserved judgement, which will most likely be handed down next week.

I will post here once I have received the judgment, but for now, it's a case of watch this space.

For a consideration of the issue of default provisions in consumer contracts being subject to the test of fairness, see Director General of Fair Trading v First National Bank [2001] UKHL 52 (House of Lords - Director General of Fair Trading V First National Bank).

Hi Tom,

Best of luck, gutted I couldn't make it down this morning.

Did Natwest put up any resistance today? I assume they filed some sort of papers

regards,

shane

Yes, Natwest filed a letter with the court, but did not turn up today, which meant the hearing was much quicker (and smoother)!

Fortunately the press didn't get wind of the hearing, which menat I could focus on what I was doing without distractions.

Hi Tom,

I was wondering if you'd be willing to post up or PM a copy of your Particulars Of Claim and any skeleton Argument you may have used, would be a lot of help to me and I'm sure others.

kind regards,

Shane