Taking Cabot to court for failing to supply HSBC CCA + Distress etc

tbern123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved a letter from experian this morning. Some of you will remember, I wrote to them a while ago as there was a record of a search on my credit file by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

This search, was done without my authority or knowledge.

"Dear Mr tbern123

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. They have requested that I delete the following entry from your credit report:

Mr tbern123 etc.. etc...

Searched on 20/2/07

Searched by CABOT FINANCIAL (EUROPE) Ltd

Your report will change in the next seven days. Please use this letter if you need proof in the meantime."

Now as Cabot have requested for this to be deleted, is this an admission of guilt and acceptance that they shouldn't have searched my credit file ???????

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

You think with all their qualifications and letters after their names, they would figure the whole they are in is deep enough.

But no, they just keep digging...... This rate they will be in Australia in no time !:p

tbern123 vs Cabot

But no, they just keep digging...... This rate they will be in Australia in no time !:p

Perhaps BA could ask some of her old friends/colleagues etc to organise a nice 'welcoming party' for them when they get there then - leg irons, chains and nice striped 'PJ' type suits for all!!

:lol::lol::lol:

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Guest Battleaxe

I was just going to say the last thing we want is Cabot's in OZ, but I am sure my younger brother and his mates would welcome them and use them for shark bait instead of the hapless New South Wales Rugby followers they normally entice out on fishing trips to use as shark bait. Cabot's welcome to the Moreton Bay shark fishing grounds, we can guarantee you a feeding frenzy like you have never encountered. Will Mr Maynard be leading your tour group?

I was just going to say the last thing we want is Cabot's in OZ, but I am sure my younger brother and his mates would welcome them and use them for shark bait instead of the hapless New South Wales Rugby followers they normally entice out on fishing trips to use as shark bait. Cabot's welcome to the Moreton Bay shark fishing grounds, we can guarantee you a feeding frenzy like you have never encountered. Will Mr Maynard be leading your tour group?

I was just going to say I've a few rellies over there - they'd chase them out !! My Cous loves his BBQ's at weekends and he'd love the additional "dish" or two to roast :-D

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

Guest Battleaxe

I am sure there is a bronze whaler waiting to wrap his gums around Mr Maynards middle. This monster of deep can meet the notorious Cabot's leader. Elizabeth 1 I will get my brother to introduce himself to your rellies and they can go on a Cabot's fishing expedition,

Just reading the CCA 1996, in particular "default notices"

Notice of default sums

After section 86D of the 1974 Act (inserted by section 11 of this Act) insert-

"86E Notice of default sums

amdt-col.gif (1) This section applies where a default sum becomes payable under a regulated agreement by the debtor or hirer.

(2) The creditor or owner shall, within the prescribed period after the default sum becomes payable, give the debtor or hirer a notice under this section.

(3) The notice under this section may be incorporated in a statement or other notice which the creditor or owner gives the debtor or hirer in relation to the agreement by virtue of another provision of this Act.

(4) The debtor or hirer shall have no liability to pay interest in connection with the default sum to the extent that the interest is calculated by reference to a period occurring before the 29th day after the day on which the debtor or hirer is given the notice under this section.

(5) If the creditor or owner fails to give the debtor or hirer the notice under this section within the period mentioned in subsection (2), he shall not be entitled to enforce the agreement until the notice is given to the debtor or hirer.

(6) The debtor or hirer shall have no liability to pay any sum in connection with the preparation or the giving to him of the notice under this section.

Errrrm, we all have Kings Hill (No 1) defaults on our credit records but (1) what right did they have to place it there in the first place and (2) where was the "notice" that they were going to enter such a default against us upon purchasing the debt?????

Ok, lets play a game. It is called spot the difference.

Even though Cabot say these were sent by two totally unrelated companies, I am sure you will all agree they are very similar.

Item A Letter from Barclaycard

letter1.jpg

What is that I hear you say ???? tbern123, that letter is not signed ???

Item B, a letter from the Bank of Scotland

bosletter1.jpg

Yep, no company registered address or company number at the bottom of the page :o

tbern123 vs Cabot

I am not drawing any conclusions, but here is the extract from my SAR, I have mentioned before:

SAR1-1.jpg

tbern123 vs Cabot

Now, Cabot say they only banked one of cheques. Here are copies of my TWO letters, which have both been stamped by CABOT... so what happened to my other cheque then ??? (I have ordered a copy from my bank)

letter one

one.jpg

letter two

two.jpg

tbern123 vs Cabot

So WW, you said in your letter that Cabot did not present chq 300063 for payment...

Explain this then !!!

statement.jpg

tbern123 vs Cabot

2. By a letter dated 12th May 2006, Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, acting as agent of the Defendant and on its behalf, informed the Claimant that:

i) HSBC's rights under the HSBC account had been assigned to the Defendant;

ii) the balance outstanding and due to be repaid by the Claimanton the HSBC account was £*,***.**

iii) accounts assigned to the Defendant were serviced by Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited;

iv) Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited was authorised to receive payment on behalf of the Defendant and all correspondence should be addressed to Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited;

v) information about the Claimant's debt might be sent to the Credit Reference Agencies; and

vi) any information obtained would be used for the purpose of collecting debt.

This is what they have stated in their defence. However this is what the letter actually states.. No mention of rights... But account gets a few mentions

letter1pg2-1.jpg

18. The Defendant is unable to prove the Claimant consented to the disclosure of his personal date in relation to the HSBC account by HSBC to third parties. HSBC has retained no copy of the agreement for the HSBC account.

Got that right sherlock !! But remember ACCOUNT !!!!!

hsbc18dec.jpg

tbern123 vs Cabot

Guest Battleaxe

Oh boy. Have you got them now. The Judge needs to see this. or even the OFT. They are playing fast and loose and it is obvious the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

So WW, you said in your letter that Cabot did not present chq 300063 for payment...

Explain this then !!!

statement.jpg

Here is the letter from WW, telling me they haven't banked my cheque, contrary to the above statement from my bank

cab10apr.jpg

tbern123 vs Cabot

In his letter he says that Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd is Cabot.

But he also says Cabot has served its defence.

The named defendant is Cabot Financial (UK) / Kings Hill (N0.1) Ltd...

Are they getting themselves confused

tbern123 vs Cabot

I recieved a letter from experian this morning. Some of you will remember, I wrote to them a while ago as there was a record of a search on my credit file by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd.

This search, was done without my authority or knowledge.

"Dear Mr tbern123

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd. They have requested that I delete the following entry from your credit report:

Mr tbern123 etc.. etc...

Searched on 20/2/07

Searched by CABOT FINANCIAL (EUROPE) Ltd

Your report will change in the next seven days. Please use this letter if you need proof in the meantime."

Now as Cabot have requested for this to be deleted, is this an admission of guilt and acceptance that they shouldn't have searched my credit file ???????

Tbern,

Forget admission by Cabot, what moves have you made to ensure that they have a right to your information, and did you provide them with the relevant authority to provide it to a third party?

Also, have they got authority to store or process it? If not have they deleted it in its entitery from their systems? And recalled all copies from those they have communicated it to?

Tide

In his letter he says that Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd is Cabot.

But he also says Cabot has served its defence.

The named defendant is Cabot Financial (UK) / Kings Hill (N0.1) Ltd...

Are they getting themselves confused

Tbern it seems like they have simply gone mad - they wasted so much of their time trying to "wriggle" out of things - they basically hung themselves!!

They won't get away with this!! :-D

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.