Stays

charleyfarley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From my reading of threads, notably in the Abbey forum, it would appear that Judges are using stays as a more frequent tool as they can see that the Banks are settling out of court anyway.

Can I suggest that we look at our tactics slightly to take account of this, and suggest a negotiating stance for the claimant to adopt with the Banks, which if the Bank still prove intransigent then it strengthens the claimants argument to have the stay lifted. Otherwise it's just another delaying tactic favouring the Bank.

I've tried to read up on threads on stays but for example the sticky in the mercantile thread is six months old now.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The thing that really gets my goat about these stays is that Banks are still allowed to levy charges against our accounts!

That seems completely and utterly unfair. If banks are railroading stays through the courts then surely the courts should be directing the banks that they are to stop charging fees against all accounts they have received complaints for.

Mailman

The thing that really gets my goat about these stays is that Banks are still allowed to levy charges against our accounts!

That seems completely and utterly unfair. If banks are railroading stays through the courts then surely the courts should be directing the banks that they are to stop charging fees against all accounts they have received complaints for.

Mailman

Say thanks to the FSA. I thought the FSA was funded by Tax Payer but just discovered that

"The FSA is accountable to Treasury Ministers, and through them to Parliament. It is operationally independent of Government and is funded entirely by the firms it regulates."