Need Some help Barclays Loan

quin1962
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope this is not completly off track for this forum and apologise if it is.

In July 2003 I took out an £15,000 masterloan from Barclays and was also sold the insurance to go with this (advised I would not get loan without it), I was in employment and had been for 23 year apart from a three month break after leaving the forces.

The company I owned went bust in Jan 2004 so I claimed on the insurance, to cut along story it has taken me upto April this year to get Barclays Insurance (Dublin) to pay out, initially only a year and then another years payments came last weekend. I had put the claim in 3 times because they seem to lose them! I was also suffering from severe depression (probably had breakdown), due to losing company, my wife leaving me and then my mum being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I am now getting back on my feet and looking for work but have discovered the debt had been sold to DLC a debt collection agency. I have phoned them and they have threatened me with court action for the balance which I have every intention of paying when back on my feet. If they take me to court they said they would get judgement against me and a charge put on my house and I would have to pay all their costs.

I would really appreciate anyones views on this.

Wow, I feel for you.

What a bunch of ...

...talk about no feelings.

I think that it's best that you get legal advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau.

Sorry that I can't help.

Feel for you though.

Thanks for that .... I have received a letter from Barclays this morning stating that my Insurance Policy has been cancelled on 7 Feb 2006 ..... First time I have been informed of that and now no further payments will be made..

I am off to see the CAB this morning and I shall let you know how I get on.

• 4 weeks later...

Was given advice to look at the National Debt website which is a fantastic site. Spoken to Barclaycard again and they are saying that they are trying to reinstate the insurance and will get back to me. The debt collection agency that bought the debt from Barclaycard are a typical b*******s that wont listen.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 11 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6569 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks