Bank Manager Lament Official Video with CAG address...

mlloyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I.m sorry I couldnt bring myself to watch it as I also had a brother commit suicide at 29 also at christmas time,due to debts,(and the loss of his wife to cystic fibrosis ) so thanks for the warning as it then gave me the choice.but if it reminds people how the actions of the banks affect people than it can only help.

Debbi

Woolwich S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent charges 2500 offer 1894 accepted as need the money ! but the rest will go all the way !!:)

Woolwich (daughters) SAR sent charges 170.00 , no offer ?! :-| 14 day letter sent

Abbey S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent pre 6 ryrs claim - one to watch !!

Black Horse £548, offered £262, awaiting balance got balance =paid in full:D

Barclaycard S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

Halifax SAR sent

Citibank Sar sent - blah letter sent back. sending a SAR default notice at end of 40days

Capital one SAR sent, statements recd, 14 day letter sent

For no other reason than posts 26 & 28 we must bring these immoral banks to book. Perhaps we should have displayed on the home page a list of victims who have died because of the pressure placed upon them by the banks etc: The sort of message you see displayed at accident blackspots with the number of fatalities.

I have noted it stated we shouldn't blame bank staff because they don't make policy. That may be true but why do so many of them seem to take a peverted pleasure in browbeating debtors whom they must know by now have been the victim of their employers

Why aren't they resigning rather than treat their fellow human beings in such a disgusting manner and don't claim it's a minority. As these boards will testify it isn't & after whistleblower can there be any doubt how they see their customers

This video is powerfull and so real and hits the spot. I can completely identify with it and all of your sentiments - at one point I was so low - I came close to doing something similar!! It was - in the end - the thought of my children that stopped me. This is what the OFT should be seeing - exactly just how much the Banks greed is hurting and ruining peoples lives - and I'd go as far as starting a petition to Tony Blair with this - asking why they havent cracked down on the hold that the Banks have and why the Banks are allowed to get away with the things that they are doing - they are a law unto themselves and they think themselves above the law and reproach too!!

I know a manager that resigned from a well known bank because he could not stand how many clients were ending their own lives. He told me that on one occasion a widow walked into his bank and said to the business manager you are responsible for my husbands death and my children are without their father ....................the response was I am deeply sorry for your loss but at least we had the forsight to make sure he had adequate life assurance!

The conversation had been recorded and the bank ended up paying out three quarters of a million pounds to keep it under wraps.........

Whoops not any more!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

In a recent article on the video a HSBC Spoksperson stated;

"The poem is nothing like the way HSBC conducts itself. We do not accept our charges are unfair."

Obviously they are feeling pressured enough to have someone comment on it!

Thanks for everyones feedback.

PS. My battle with HSBC ended today with my account being credited £4300!!!! Another win for the little guy.

heraldapril.jpg

Really! it doesnt 'act' that way. Then perhaps that bank 'spokes-person' should go & tell that to the bereaved.

Congrats mlloyd by the way

Congrats M8 well done and keep up the fight..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I for one think everyone has a right to express their feelings and not just theirs this is probably the feelings of many many more people. I believe that this kind of video shown to the right people who are feeling the pressure of bank charges could actually show them that there is another way out of the situation they are in. There are many disturbing adverts shown on tv like the girl who gets run over and getting hit at 40 miles per hour and then at 30 miles per hour. How do you think some people feel when they see that video after it might have happened to one of their family members? They will probably welcome the video as if it stops one motorists speeding it has served its purpose though it will probably stir memories up of their loved one who did die. I think the same can be said here and we have to look at reality and many people have or had took this course of action but if it stops one person to think hold on i dont have to do that i can seek advice somewhere or from here the video will have served a purpose. Thats my 0.02p worth also. Well done Matt very good poem.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

This situation of entrapped despair is genuine enough.

My dispute is with the sad and defeatist monochrome ending. The CAG rallying banner came too late, appearing only after the guy has kicked away his stool.

Suggest reshoot the ending.

CAG banner appears in 3 glorious colours to a fanfare of trumpets. Men and women and children advancing with arms linked singing in harmony. Our hero in despair discards his noose, and smiling, joins this march into the sunshine......

I'm with you Mistemind.

Yes the banks need to see what they do to ordinary people trying their best to get their life in order when the banks have made a bad situation worse, but I think they also need showing that while they can attack us on an individual basis and probably they would win, when all the little people join together then they become a force that nothing can stop.

Having an ending of hope could also help those feeling that 'kicking the stool out' is the only way left, to see that with help and support from others who've been there and fought back, there is a way out.

I applaud Mat for making the video and pushing this into the limelight but I do feel a message of hope would have been better.

Does anyone really think that the banks care whether you hang yourself, slit your wrists, overdose or take some other way out? I very much doubt that any one of them even blink at the news that one of their customers has committed suicide.

They are probably having heart failure collectively however that so many of us are fighting back and winning.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for summing up my life so far mat.

Don't no what i would of done with out this website.

I can assure you at the end of last year i was on the verge of doing exactly what you had in mind for that bank manager.

Then I found CAG and you lot were my light so to speak.

Well the tunnel is not as dark as it was so all the thanks goes to the hard work that has been put into this forum.

with all my thanks

Thank you!! Cag

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/