Try being a bit more responsible

Dan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a new member, and for my first post I'd like to offer my views on the "be more responsible" issue.

I have money, far more than I need.

Nevertheless I have become increasingly fascinated by my banks descent into corporate hell since their IPO.

The only reason I still have an account with them is because I am determined to catch them manipulating my account in order to levy charges.

This month was a cracker. A DD due to go on the 5th April was debited from my account on the "17th" (actually it didn't appear on my online statement until the 18th - a Saturday, but it was dated the 17th - they do this a LOT)

Im addition they also took the opportunity to debit a few switch payments which they must have held back at least one day, maybe 2 or 3. - I have no way of knowing because I have no way of knowing when it was "banked".

Bang £120 charges. Now bear in mind they did all this on a Saturday, and coincidentally the Saturday before my regular "salary" payment goes in on the Monday.

I rang the utility company the DD payment was for, and asked them why they hadn't applied for the payment on the correct date. Their response was that they applied for it on the 5th and received it on the 5th.

Just to repeat I am well off, and I have to be put a lot of effort into managing my current account to avoid charges. I've experimented and I've come to the conclusion that if my account balance falls below £100 for more than 3 days, the bank will find some inventive mechanism to put me overdrawn.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks