zurox vs Egg

zurox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

This is my first post, so be gentle lol!

Usual story with me, bad account management by me, head in the sand, charges build up, default issued by Egg.

Anyway, unusually I decided to go and work abroad 8-) and get a big salary increase and paid Egg off in 12 months.

Now, some 3 years on and with all the press over unfair charges, this cracking website, and finding that the default is still on my credit report and causing me grief I have decided to tackle Egg.

Using Egg secure messaging, I politely asked them if they could remove the default, saying this was satisfied 3 years ago and is totally irrelevant to my current circumstances.

Egg responded saying that it had to stay because they are a responsible lender and had a duty to report it blah blah blah etc

So i responded saying ok Mr egg, i want all my charges back and if i find that the default was caused because of the charges then you will have to take it off my file.:mad:

Anyway, now egg have said "arent we good, we have credited your outstanding balance" (all 75p of it!!:lol: ) but still not removing the default.

So here we go, I am going to send the data request letter but need to know what form of ID to send so that they cant use this as an excuse to delay responding.

thanks!:lol:

Hi,

I sent a copy of my passport and a utility bill as proof of address as i had moved since i last used my account. Mind you if you use secure message they can't really complain as only you should know the details and this alone should prove identity.

I would recommend the secure messaging though or even better you can email cro.support@Egg.com (customer relations office) as they paid out in full to me when i send a polite reminder to my LBA stating that they had x days to go before i commenced court proceedings. Got full settlement 2 days later

Good luck :)

• 10 months later...