jamesiebabie v Nationwide

jamesiebabie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first posting on here.

I've been using the templates from the moneysavingexpert webiste and have just sent off my second letter as I gather I had the bog standard no you can't have your money back letter.

I've given them another 14 days.

Should I be doing any extra work now?

thanks for any expected advice.

J

hi jamesiebabie

welcome to this forum, well done for taking the first steps to getting whats rightfully yours,

so you say you have sent off 2nd letter, so you sent the SAR with £10 and recieved your statements, worked out your charges, then sent the prelim letter along with the spreadsheet. did you send it recorded so you can check when and who took delivery of your letter on the royal mail site. when they have taken delivery of your letter you give them 14 days. after that has passed you send the next letter LBA (see templates) and give them a further 14 days. then make your claim if you have had nothing!!

keep us posted on how you get on.

• Haha 1

Thanks Rightfully mine. I think I have already sent off the equivalent of the LBA as I have now sent them two spreadsheets. i think my next step is court - the bit I'm not looking forward to.

i think i have got myself a little bit confused with what I can claim interms of overdraft interest, due to the lawful/unlawful bit. I have claimed all. should I resend the LBA with my revised figures where I have removed any mention of interest?

This would not take me long to do. Will I have to start from fresh?

I appreciate your support.

J

hi jamesiebabie

if you are confussed take some time out with a coffee, go back to the FAQ check through the guide to reclaiming bank charges and step by step instructions.. the method on here is tried and tested and so its best to stick to the way its set out, the templates and deadlines.. so many people have won back whats rightfully theirs.. so read through again and remember knowledge is power!!

im not sure if you should start over with the spreadsheet if you have already sent them 2! but i am sure someone will experience will be able to answer your questions to the full!!

i sent a simple spreadsheet as i didnt want to get involved with too much maths,, pitters came to my help and michael brown, they showed me the spread sheet links. check out my thread and you will be able to see them.

i hope i have been of little help.. good luck and keep us posted on your progress :)

Rightfullymine,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will stick with what I have already sent out and WHEN i have to got to court I will isse a slightly amended spreadsheet, which will be more accurate and NW could not then trick me. I think you8r right, keeep with simple maths. I'm not bothered about a few quid here and there, just the bulk will do.

J

Oh joy............not really, I've still got to wait another 5 days before I take them to court. I wish the days would go faster so that I can get it over and done with, but we're all in the same boat.

I'll let you all know what is happening............back to bed now to kill some more time.:(

J

Hello rightfullmine!

...check out my thread and you will be able to see them.
Would U also posting a link to your thread not help jamesiebabie out???

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/64661-rightfullymine-nationwide.html

Only a suggestion for U to bear in mind for the future?!...:)

Hi all, another couple of days have gone by and I sent off a revised LBA giving a 7 day deadline, problem is off on holiday then.

Anyone any ideas? I've prepared the MCOL, so I suppose I could do it from Spain with a San Miguel in one hand and press the button in the other and say 'Muchas Gracias NW' and then retire to the beach and contemplate on spending the rewards when they come through.

Hi all,

I'm going away on holiday and due to the 7 day extension I have given NW, it takes me away from my PC. I have already prepared my MCOL, should I do it all from abroad or wait until my return?:confused:

Any suggestions would be good.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm back and I'm up and running, but MCOL isn't working for me today. I will have another go tomorrow if I have time.

I've now read that I can go back 6 years. That means I will have to have a go at HSBC, an account that I closed about 6 years ago, but I think there may be alot more money to be had there!

I'll have a go.

...MCOL isn't working for me today. I will have another go tomorrow if I have time.

Don't submit your Claim via MCOL until 08.59hrs on Monday.

...Live life on the edge and keep 'em guessing!...lol...:D

Your Claim won't be processed until someone turns up @ Court when they next open!...:)

I've now read that I can go back 6 years...
WOW...some re-vitalising holiday you've just had!...lol

Don't submit your Claim via MCOL until 08.59hrs on Monday.

...Live life on the edge and keep 'em guessing!...lol...:D

Your Claim won't be processed until someone turns up @ Court when they next open!...:)

WOW...some re-vitalising holiday you've just had!...lol

Cheers Milktrayman,

Is it not working because it is the weekend or is that me being thick? Thanks for your advice.

With regards to the HSBC claim, do you know if you can get all the really old statements from say 10 years ago forthe price of £10?

...Is it not working because it is the weekend or is that me being thick?
Am not sure how U would like me to answer that one?!...lol...:D

...Perhaps the MCOL website is very busy or down for maintenance???

With regards to the HSBC claim, do you know if you can get all the really old statements from say 10 years ago forthe price of £10?
Theoretically U should be able to.

However...

Banks have been known to try to fob U off by saying that they only have to keep them for 6yrs etc etc.

I personally don't have much knowledge of how HSBC work.

The ol' Midland Bank turned me down for a current account many moons ago.

Try posting a Thread on the HSBC Forum and see how U get on over there.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

There are some other Threads that may help U out as well...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html?highlight=Claims+%2B6yrs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/50279-when-does-6-year.html?highlight=Claims+%2B6yrs

Can anyone tell me when I am supposed to send the spreadsheet off to Nationwide. My MCOL has been acknowledged. Do I receive anything in the post as the 'getting the MCOL right' said the solicitors address will be on page 2. Is this in an electronic format or a hard copy?

Any advice would be much appreciated.