Sick of being ripped....Washing Machine bust again ....should i fight?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

You lot have really got me the mood for fighting back, ......i bought a washing machine just under 3 yr ago.

Since then i have had someone out 6-7 times under the protection plan. They have changed 3 x condensor kit, on/off switch, Heater box, various seals, thermostat x 2, control unit, stronger spring for drum and a big wad of foam to stop it knocking...of course not an original design feature:o !!!! Now it has starting knocking & groaning again:-x .....

My Q is can i still argue the Sales of goods acts, with stress on "of satisfactory quality" and "fit for its purpose". It may be 3 yrs after purchase but it is clear from the previous problems that it was not satisfactory or fit. Do i take it up with the retailer i.e. Comet.

Any comments would be great, thanks,

It might depend on how long it will be before your protection plan expires. The

warranty company will have already lost money on your w/m and with this problem

to sort out plus the possibility of others seeming likely, an approach to them might bear fruit.

It will save them sending out an engineer now, plus whatever materials required,

plus perhaps more visits and materials in future, and they can terminate your

existing policy. Don't expect to get any more than half the cost of your old machine

after 3 years though.

If your policy has only a few months to go, they might cross their fingers and pray.

But more than a year and they may well agree with a deal of some kind. Use your

charm and personality [not to mention the aggravation over the years] to try and secure their best offer. Of course once they are interested, if the deal isn't what you want, tell them you will hang on to the old one and let them take the risk.

Guest Lueeze

Id be writing a letter anyway like the above poster says it may bear fruit.

Good Luck

Louise x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks