TSB bank statements

Kinnairdy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:?: Just found and registered with this very interesting and informative forum. I am puzzled though, I note many mentions of people obtaining bank statements going back several years, when I have asked my Lloyds TSB for previous bank statements I have been told there is a charge of £12 per copy, naturally I have declined but am I missing something here, can one obtain statements without having to pay Lloyds for the privilidge?.

Another question I have is... I had an account with Lloyds that incurred a monthly maintainance fee of £10.00, at the time I said I did not want this but was told I had no choice because I also had a small loan which could only be provided with this particular account, I wrote to Lloyds TSB and told them I did not want this so called service nor did I want nor need the 'free' AA breakdown cover, holiday insurance etc that were included with the 'maintainance fee' etc, to which I received a standard response of no help whatsoever.

Would this type of charge also fall into the terms of unlawful/unfair charges discussed on this forum and be recoverable?.

Many thanks for your time.

This charge does not fall into the category of punitive / penalty charge. The £10 per month charge for the account is for a 'service' and therefore you can't claim it back.

I have a 'Select' account which gives me various 'perks' I don't want lol AA, insurance, etc. etc. and they charge me £7 per month for this.

What you can claim for is charges for going over overdrafts, credit limits, being sent a letter, etc. etc. Read the FAQ and its explains it all there.

Also you should not pay more than £10 for 6 years worth of statements - again read the FAQ. The template letter for requesting the statements under the DPA can be found in the Library.

Princess of Power!

:) Many thanks for your response, you confirmed my own opinion re account 'maintainance' charges, just needed to double check, will definitely visit library for letter you mention though as I am told by my local branch that it is £12 per statement.

My apologies for appearing not to have read the appropriate sections, I have ploughed my way through much of the areas today and gleaned much useful information however I apologise once again for being a bit 'thick' but I am having difficulty finding the Template letter for requesting bank statements under the DPA, think my HDD (not the PCs one) is full and I need a memory upgrade as my brain is failing to assimilate the information being fed into it.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks