beamie13 vrs Barclays

beamie13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know or have any good theories as to why some people have had offers from Barclay's after sending in their LBA, and others for example myself hear nothing at all before they start court action?

Just curious that's all:D

Beamie:)

So Saintly do you think it's like people used to say about passing your driving test "oh they have to have so many fails and passes a week", If that was ever true or not I have no idea.

I am quiet obviously a fail with Barclay's Lol:lol: I have been at every stage of this process so far, i'm sure they think I will give up, well I must say they are having a laugh if that's what they think, iv'e come this far there is no stopping me now.

Oh I've been there... I had to send second letter and they still didn't come and it is really frustrating when you read other peoples threads that have sent SAR'S off at the same time as you and received their statements after 10 or so day's.:rolleyes:

So in answer to my own question

"WHO KNOWS":D

Hi,

I'm waiting on the statements for my dad from Barclays. I'm also waiting on statements for myself from Alliance & Leicester who have failed to send them to me. I've now sent them a letter telling them that if they do not comply, I'll report them and proceed in small claims for the maximum amount. Not sure if that will do the trick but I'll let you know

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

If you havent had your statements yet ring them up and speak to someone, all I did was ring Customer relations and requested them, I had printouts of the last 6 years for no charge and the girl on the phone was very helpfull!

Microfiche printouts are a bit harder to read than normal statements but its worht it to stop them pussy footing around and you can start the ball rolling then!!

Barclays - claiming £2710!

Offered £2030! Offer rejected, filed MCOL 21/05/07!

Abbey - Settled!

Hi All

Just to let you know I had an offer from Barclay's today "at last i'm in with the in crowd!!!:D "

The down side is it wasn't a very good one :rolleyes: oh well rejection templates here I come........

good for you beamie stick to your guns :)

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

I received a letter with an offer from Barclay's last week and quiet frankly it was an insult as they had only offered me the money no cheque or bank transfer or confidentiality papers to sign, I was unsure what template to use so have sort of bodged my own and stolen some others! (Oh dear:-| ) Can some extremely kind person please cast their eye's over this for me as I'm not sure if it is ok, many thanks......Beamie:)

Re settlement offer

Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, with your offer of £XXXX in full and final settlement of my claim, as this approximately only 49.79% of my total claim of £XXXX.XX, I feel I must respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request one final time that you refund to me all the charges imposed on this account totaling £XXXX.XX.

In order to avoid litigation against you, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder will be paid within the next 10 days.Failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery, as detailed in my Letter Before Action.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to stress that I do not accept your offer under the terms stated in your letter.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Beamie

can anyone think of anything to add take away make better? xx

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory

thanks for that although I had already read through them all and there were none that suited the situation I am in, which is why I wanted someone to read the one I have cobbled together and let me now if it was acceptable.

5 threads merged, pls stay on e 1 thread per claim.

I don't see why the template rejection letter doesn't apply to you, but there you are.

In all honesty, I think that your letter doesn't look quite right, and you need to check the meaning of the word "temporarily", as it doesn't belong there. I personally think that you should use the template, and not give them any more time than the total 28 days set out in the letters. If the 28 days are already out, then send the rejection letter and carry on, as they will only withdraw the offer anyway.

I had the same problem as bookworm - I don't see why the template rejection letter doesn't apply.

Perhaps you could clarify why you think its not right for you??:confused:

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Re settlement offer

Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, with your offer of £XXXX in full and final settlement of my claim, as this approximately only 49.79% of my total claim of £XXXX.XX, I feel I must respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request one final time that you refund to me all the charges imposed on this account totaling £XXXX.XX.

In order to avoid litigation against you, I am prepared to temporarily accept the sum offered as partial settlement on the clear understanding that the remainder will be paid within the next 10 days.Failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you for full recovery, as detailed in my Letter Before Action.

This is all wrong, there is nothing here that isnt covered by the template rejection letters, as advised, stick to using these, if you start choosing your own path then you are heading for trouble.

I cant see why you wouldnt want to use a method that has been tested time and time again and proved to be successful in every case.

You should seriously reconsider but then again this is your claim its up to you which way you want to go.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thank you Dar£n

that's all I asked for was some help, funnily enough I do consider myself fairly intelligent, but have had difficulty working out which template to use so would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what rejection letter to use, as I have received no cheque as part payment, no bank transfer and i have not been asked to sign anything apart from a piece of paper to say I agree to the sum offered there are no conditions set by Barclay's.

Sorry if I am repeating myself

Letter 2 seems adequate

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

just amend it with your details and delete what is not related

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.