Defense struck out by judge .... what next?*** All Read***

Kelly Jenkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

goforit

im interested in your comments, the court doesnt need a statute to make a judgement striking out a defence and making a judgement.

They can make awards based on their local knowledge (See Mullen Vs Hackney) and the defendant can certainly appeal if they feel they have grounds. although Mullen Vs hacknety was appealed and it was found the judge is allowed to take account of a defendants previous conduct when making judgements.

I was interested in your comments about nothing is instant and giving the bank time to pay.

I suspect that if the claim had been for a value tens of thousands rather than a few K he may be minded to give them more time.

As it is 5K is a small sum to the banks and if pressed im sure they could pay it in loose change.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is indeed great news and a big step forward. However I don't think it sets a precident in law as the case has not been heard (any lawyers please correct me if I'm wrong).

What we need is for a case to be heard and defended properly, then we're in business and the banks would have to back down for good.

Please Note....

Precedent cannot be set in the small-claims court, only in the higher courts.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

***HELP*** Natwest have filed defence and request for further information - they me want to specify the section numbers of The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and the regulations of the Unfair Contract Terms in Consumer Regulations 1999 - what do I do? :-|

Juliette, chill before you have a heart attack. Absolutely normal intimidating rubbish from Cobblers their solicitors. Firstly start your own thread. So we can follow your progress and advice. Secondly, do nothing just wait for the court todirect you now. Thirdly, . Have you send them a spread sheet ? Last and by no means least have a look at these; Good luck.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

can any one help. I started court proceedings to the abbey they had till the 10 may to respond. I got a letter this morning fromthe courts to say they are going to defend all the claim. I don,t know what to do next. Are they trying to scare me to drop the claim .

Julie can I suggest that you start your own post in the Abbey section. :) you will get more response there and also you can keep track of you claim.

Take a look at my claim http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/70029-mariejader-abbey-defence-struck.html

You will see it's normal for Abbey to defend, you will also find a copy of the defence they sent me, I would say it's the same as yours and most other people's so don't worry have a good read of the FAQ's and start your own topic and you will get help

thanks i will ask my sister in law on how to set up a post . i am new to all this and i am panicing abit. I just saw the letter and them saying the have filed it with their solicitors

• 2 months later...

HELP!!!!!!

I am claiming for 1,299.71 from NatWest (including court fees!) I was just about to send off my request for judgment form as the bank struck out as an abuse of process, but COBBETTS has put in an application to set aside the court order and wishes it to be dealt in a hearing.

What does this mean for me? what do I do now? Will I get a court date? Does this mean a solicitor will be present at court, after all they are asking for a hearing?

I am so scared - after being so close!! Please help!!:???: