BEWARE ----- British Gas Home Care!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with British Gas Home Care for three years, never missed a payment to them. I called them a few weeks back saying my boiler, which is covered by my home care contract, was having problems.

Despite making a morning appointment the engineer finally turned up at 6:30pm. I had to take a day of work for this. He came in spent less than five minutes looking at the boiler and said all that was needed was to turn up the gas pressure, which he did. The problems continued until it completely failed two weeks later.

I called home care at 7am on a Thursday; they said they could not get anyone around until Friday, despite me pointing out that I have no heating or hot water.

I took the day of work and booked the engineer for a morning call. The engineer turned up late on Friday and could not fix the problem and said I would have to go over the weekend with no heating or hot water.

I took the day of work and booked the engineer for a morning call the next day. An engineer turned up late on Monday and could not fix the problem and said he would come back with another part on Tuesday. The family and I would have to go another day with no heating or hot water.

I took the day of work and booked the engineer for a morning call the next day. An engineer turned up late on Tuesday and couldn’t fix the problem. Said they needed to order a new part. The family and I would have to go another day with no heating or hot water.

I took the day of work and booked the engineer for a morning call the next day. The engineer hadn’t turned up by lunch time so I called and asked where he was and was told he was running late and would be there later. I had no reason to believe otherwise as they are always late. He didn’t turn up, at all. The family and I would have to go another day with no heating or hot water.

I took the day of work and booked the engineer for a morning call the next day. An engineer turned up on time on Thursday, with a second engineer, they couldn’t fix the problem. They said they would have to get the manufacturer out to fix it. They said they will call me back later in the day, they didn’t. I called the help desk and was told sorry, we can’t help we have asked the manufacture to call you. I asked when they would call, they said we don’t know, maybe Friday, maybe Monday, maybe Tuesday. The family and I would have to go another day (??), week(??) or month(??) with no heating or hot water.

Five days off work and counting, over £700 of payments to British Gas and now at least ten days and counting with no hot water or heating. I

Make up your own mind about whether you want to deal with this company.

I have just read about this great idea on another website:

Rant: British Gas | Coofer Cat's Weblog

Basically you can make British Gas pay! Revenge is sweet!!!!

This is what it suggest, not that I am suggesting you follow the advise:

* Go to www.google.coms

* Do a search for something gas related

* British Gas advertises at the top of the page

* Click on this Advert!

IT COSTS THEM ££££ EVERY TIME YOU CLICK!!!

Cost to you, just a bit of time, cost to them, if we all do it, LOADS!!!!

Guest ian cognito

That works wherever someone is shown as a sponsored link, which means they 'bid' for advertising space from google and pay per click. The other advantage is that they set a budget for the number of clicks they want per day, for example they have bid £20 per click (which is obviously the highest) but they have sent a £100 budget for the day, once that budget is spent, they disappear from the sponsored link list and the next highest bidder takes their place.

See, you learn something new every day, I am not condoning clicking on these links just to cost them money for nothing, just explaining how the google ads system works and how, in theory, a competitor could knock a rival off the top of the list. ;)

far and away from the gas problem, you must have some of the most laid back and approachable employers in the uk to let you keep having days off like that.

mine are good but think they would draw the line at that.

but seriously, have a look at your T's & C's, with this home care because it may entitle you to recourse, if the engineers fail to turn up within specified amounts of time etc.

i would certainly write to them explaining what you have posted here and asking for a part refund, because you are not getting the service you are paying for.

take a look at fishmilks thread on here. thats another homecare problem.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!