Garry vs Natwest - No Mercy

Garrym2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon all,

Just called Natwest to confirm which address to send my SAR, they have said not to worry, we'll take care of that for you, sending me 6 years of statments free of charge!

Will update as and when.

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Gary they sometimes fib (it took me 3 months to get my statements plus a £10 postal order and they still debited my account for a fiver).Back in November a lovely lady on the telephone said I would recieve them free as a goodwill gesture but by December I realised she'd fibbed or forgotten me so sent a S.A.R.

Fingers crossed they're going to send you yours as promised;)

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

OMG, theyre at it again. I wouldnt not trust the NW or any of their staff as far as I could physically throw, or as far as physically Geoff Capes could throw them, remember him. Probs not. Sorry, showing my age. Anyhows. Please, its up to you, but dont trust them. They lie, a lot. If I was you I would still send your SAR to Mr. Alex Lyons, by recorded delivery, with a cheque for £10 payable to the Natwest, and I would sit back and wait your 40 days for statements. My guess is they will arrive in tatty brown envelope which has been patched up by Royal Mail with your statements falling out all over the place, and in my case a whole 12 months worth missing, great coup for some identity fraud scoundrel huh. Handed 12 months worth of my statements with all info on them for nothing. Ha. NVM, seperate issue. But what Im trying to say is, they aint nice. Dont trust em. If you can afford the £10 then send it with letter and send recorded. Otherwise I think your statements will never arrive. They tell big fat pork pies all the time. Fendy xxx

Lol Fendy but they could be telling the truth this time:p

Perhaps Gary's got a lovely telephone voice!

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Do ya really think ??????? Im so sorry Gary. I never used to be this cynical, but my dealings with all things Natwest and Abbey have turned me into this horrible cynical creature. Im sorry. Im just saying my opinion and what I would do. You do what you feel is best. But I wouldnt trust them one bit. Based on my experiences with them, they have never ever ever given me any reason to trust them on anything they have ever said to me including giving bad mortgage advice, bad will advice, bad loan advice, everything bad. Hence I got my own financial adviser now. Blown Natwest out. Completely. Wouldnt trust em with my dogs spending money, let alone my will. xxx

They've fibbed to me none stop from the outset and did another whopper on my joint account lastweek.They phoned me up and said Oooo we'll extend your overdraft so you don't get anymore nasty fees to give you a chance to repay a little more back each month. I thought great until my statements came and they'd not done any of it and my big nasty fees were still there - so instead of sobbing and stamping my feet I decided a S.A.R. was in order for that account too!!! Yay!! but Gary I hope you got the name of the nice person who said they'll send them you for nothing because I agree with Fendy on this one they fib!!

Your choice Gary, but I always think better to do things properly on here as the directives show, rather than wing it and think theyre doing you a favour. Banks dont do people favours. In my experience anyway. Its all stalling delaying tactics to stop you getting your statements quickly. All they have to do is claim you never made the phone call. So unless you got the name of who you spoke to, your a bit stuck and in the hands of their trust. Personally I just wouldnt trust them. For the cost of a first class recorded delivery letter to get SAR, I just dont think its worth trusting them. Im so sorry. Im a nice optimistic person normally, about life about everything, just not where any banks are concerned. Theyre so crafty.

Lol Fendy but they could be telling the truth this time:p

Perhaps Gary's got a lovely telephone voice!

I do have an exceptional telephone voice, I'm at work so was still in professional work mode! It's ok, I remeber Nikki said i'd have them in 7-10 days. We spoke at 13:19pm on 07/03/2007. I will get my statements! :p

I have 20p a piece of fluff and a button I'll bet you them that you don't get them.....lol (spits and shakes) and sits and waits:D

I really do hope you get them "it's just the naughty side of me that wants to say Ner ner"!

Lol, good luck to you Gary. But Im sorry, Im like Caz. I will also bet my socks and purse change you dont get em in 7 days. That would just the Nasty West being too nice. And theyre just not. Anyhow. You got a name, you got a time, you can go back to sad person, sorry, SAID PERSON, in a week and ask where they are. Bet she will be on holiday or left, sacked due to customer services cutbacks on account of she was way too helpful to customers wanting to claim their charges back, and the Nasty West cant afford to be helpful any longer or staff that help the customer any longer, due to the massive amount of claims piling up. LOL. God Im such a cynic. Fendy stop it now. Gary, I sincerely hope you get them I really do. But still for the price of that first class stamp and recorded delivery slip, I would still send the SAR, because if you dont, and she doesnt send your statements then youve lost a week. And thats what they bank on. Any Delaying tactics. You will learn. Fendy xxxx But best of luck.

Hey Caz and Gary, perhaps Gary knows something we dont. Like for instance, just hear me out on this one. Perhaps Gary is ultra ultra gorgeous and said Nikki (female I presume) might have seen Gary going into her branch to bank etc. and she might have thought, ooooooh nice guy, must make mental note to help him out in future. She might have an ulterior motive. I didnt think of that one. I just came to me. So if ur statements do turn up in 7 days I bet its cos ur gorgeous and Nikki wants to help gorgeous guy. Ha. Just me being cynical yet again. Sorry. xx

Lol :D !! I'm bubblewrapping my fluff ready to send just in case

I watch, I wait, I hold my breath, and inside Im giggling. I love your eternal optimism Gary. It can only serve you well in this fight. You will need it. See I told ya Caz he must be gorgeous, cos Nikki wont be producing 6 years worth of statements for Mr. Ugly, or Mrs Nobody, either that or she checked his bank balance first and thought, Whoaoaoao, must help incredibly rich potential future husband material. lol lol lol , sorry, holding my sides, and thats tricky at the mo, just had op 6 weeks ago and it hurts to laugh. Stop it Gary. Ur Killing me. lol lol lol xxxxxxxx I am definitely logging in again within the next 10 days to pick up this thread. I cant wait to see if he got statements. xxxx Fendy x Go Gary, Go Gary, Go Gary.

Hi All,

Just a though crossed my mind....

Back in 2003 i has some serious financial trouble, basically i has so many charges that my income was swallowed before I could get to it. Natwest said the only thing i could do was take out a consolidation loan out a high rate.

Now it seem's like if i hadn't been charged so much I would not have had to get the loan and so forth, is it possible to claim anything with that?

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, go read the threads on this. Or PM a moderater i.e. somebody in the serious know to point you in the right direction, i.e. Michael Browne, Nattie, Bank Fodder, etc. etc. Send em a private e mail and ask them which threads you need to be reading on this. I have read something similar in other threads but I cant remember where. Sorry. Fendy x

Hi Gary, I would be interested in those threads cos exactly the same happened to me (consolidation loan) 1 year to go on that one and very recently was 'almost' pressured into doing it again! If it hadnt been for the chatroom on here i might have gone for it, went for reduction in overdrafts instead. got confirmation on that on tuesday morning with another letter enclosed saying i was being 'downgraded' to a basic current account! Really need a bit o/d limit so bit worried about that. Have pm's nattie couple of days ago but as of yet no reply. Come to think of it i dont think his button has been lit up all week so far hmm. Come back nattie i need ya.

As for you fendy, have you got nothing better to do in the day that make up fantasy stories? Perhaps you should write a jilly cooperish novel when you win, about natwesties and customers :D .

Have a read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/11431-nat-west-3-claims.html

and come back to me with any questions re the loan interest.

As regards downgradign your account I would open another account somewhere and leave the OD until you have reclaimed your charges.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Guest NATTIE

Sorry to interrupt but all i am hearing is staff lie(fib) and i have to unmask myself as Current NatWest STAFF. please be careful how you describe people some people may take offence:rolleyes:

As gizmo has said about the loan, she claimed for interest on the loan as well as charges and as you may see, she won.

Hi Nattie, no offence intended at all. We were having a giggle about the prospect of his statements actually arriving as promised in good time, and his general faith in human nature. We all love, and really appreciate your posts and help. This wasnt a generalisation of ALL NATWEST STAFF. Just some. Ive even posted previously in some posts about how helpful some of the staff have been. i.e. I tend to find that the lower down the chain of command they are, the more helpful they have been. Being an *ss isnt unique to working for Natwest, its unique to the human race. As in all jobs, you get some lovely peeps and you get some sh*ts. Its called life. WE WERE HAVING A LAUGH AND SORRY IF YOU WERE OFFENDED. WE REALLY DIDNT MEAN TO. We were trying to make light of a post where the subject had indellible faith in what was being told to him on the phone, and we all know only to well where that has led on more than several occasions, to statements not turning up. Sorry Nattie. We love you and really appreciate your help in this forum, and we didnt mean it as a slur on you. Just some people, as you get in all walks of life. Fendy xxxx

Guest NATTIE

Well, i am sure i posted a thread on here how to order statements correctly from the point of view of the staff member ordering them, maybe worth a mention to staff in case they do have no idea what to do and are liberal with the truth. I am never offended per se but i am very protective of staff, even on here, at times:)

Oooo only 5 days left for Nikki to keep her promise he he he ;) my fluff might be safe yet \o/