Kandinsky v Alliance and Leechsters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening All

Further update on my claim. I have filed the MCOL this morning (prior to 9am so that it would be processed at 10am) and have stayed exactly on time with the dates....ie 14 days after their receipt of the LBA.

I have checked my MCOL this evening and the website tells me that:

Claim Description : Kandinsky v Alliance and Leicester

Claim Number :

Status of this claim: Issued

The site also tells me that "Your Claim request has bee accepted. The Defendent has 14 days from the date they are served with the claim to reply."

This raises a question. How will I know when the bank have been served with the claim??? Does MCOL tell me????

If anyone knows the answer to this please let me know.

Regards

Kandinsky

:o

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kandinsky you will receive an acknowledgement from MCOL and/or A&L within the next coupel of days (perhaps 3 working days).

Then it a waiting game until you get your money.

Mine was issued 26th March, acknowledged 28th March, received the accknowledgement 3 days later which included the bit that A&L intedn to defend ( this was dated 28th March).

Just waiting with baited breath for the cheque/letter etc from A&L.

Its exciting but just want to receive the cheque now to be honest.

Good luck with yours.

Blimeyboy

Thanks for the prompt response. I have to admit that it is getting quite exciting if not a little nerve racking...but bugger them they have done nothing but rip me and countless others off.

Good Luck with your claim and hopefuly you will get what is rightfully yours shortly....I cant wait to get my money.....last count it was at £3519.35 including court costs. I feel a nice holiday coming on after I have made a donation to this excellent site!!!!

Good Luck to you again

Kandinsky

Just received my notice of issue. My claim was issued on 4 Apr 07 and was sent by first class post to the A&L that same day.

The notice says that the claim will be deemed to be served on the 9th April and that the defendent has until the 23rd to reply. (14 days)

Lets see what reaction I get from the A&L......acknowledgement, defence, payment???????

I reckon Acknowledgement & defending.

The its a waiting game for them to pay up. They have 28 days to file a defence.

Mine was acknowledged 28th March, and waiting for them to put in a defence.

Its the waiting that is killing me :-)

Good luck to you blimeyboy...not that you will need it me thinks. As you say they hold onto the money as long as possible and I am sure that your money will be reunited with you soon.

As for me, I am dusting off my dance shoes in anticipation or to dance with the devil if needs be.

Good luck to ya again and hope you have something suitable lined up for your cash!!;):)

Having read Bankfodders thread regarding pre six year reclaims of bank charges, I was thinking that once this one is settled, I may have a go at reclaiming them as well. I opened the account in 97 and have most of the bank statements from then until 2001, when I started my current claim from. The charges are about £2000.00, so with interest this is probably closer to £3000.00.

Just one thought on this subject though....could the bank have your claim struck out as a 'vexacious litigant'? and has anyone successfully claimed pre six year charges back??:???:

Ta

Hi mate,

Don't worry you have given A&L enough time to pay up. If they do not acknowledge claim within the 28 days push for judgement. That does the trick :), they don't like the idea of Court Bailiffs.

We haven't got the money, so we've got to think!

Ernest Rutherford

A & L

Data Protection Act Letter sent 11/08/06

Data rec'd 14/09/06, Prelim letter sent 16/09/06

LBA sent 22/09/06, MCOL 6QZ68670 issued 2/10/06 - chq for £6,375.34 rec'd 04/11/06.

Still no acknowledgement and they only have until Monday 23 April. If they have not responded by then do I go for automatic judgement or do I give them more time or should I ring them before judgement?????

I am a little surprised that they have not even acknowledged

Jansus

I went for the standard 8%, rather than compound. I know the difference in amounts is quite considerable, but I did not want to jeoprodise my claim in any way.

That said, I know that some people have claimed compound, but this being my first I thought I would play it safe. The way that I look at it is that this is money that I thought had gone forever, so it will be nice to spend it on a nice holiday, as I have no overdraft or loans to worry about.

Good luck with your claim. I am just waiting for the response from A&L to my LBA, but I fully expect to have to do the MCOL.

Kandinsky

How are you getting on ? Have you started your MCOL claim yet?

Jansus:?

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Kandinsky873

I would go for it. If they have not bothered to acknowledge your claim after the 14 days and within MCOL its says you can proceed with judgement - I would do it and once done give A&L a call and let them know you have applied for judgement.

They seems to be dragging their heals at paying other people

Well the 14 days are up.

Checked the mail and MCOL and they have not bothered to acknowledge the claim. Both the bank and the court were sent the updated schedule of charges/interest (received 12 Apr 07) to attach to the claim, which was deemed served on 9 Apr 07.

So what now???? MCOL wont let me go for judgement yet so do I have wait till tommorrow or do I have to wait another 14 days.

:confused:

The claim was deemed by the court as being served as of 9 Apr 07. I ensured that an updated copy of the charges and schedule was delivered to both the court and the A&L, which according to Royal Mail was delivered on 12 Apr. So far, apart from the Notice of Issue from the court I have heard nothing more. A&L have completely ignored the claim.

When I log into MCOL, the boxes show as:

Description : Me -v- A&L

Defendent : Alliance & Leicester

Claim : Issued (04/04/07)

Judgement : Start

Warrant

When I try and start judgement and click on the relevent button, MCOL comes up with this message:

You cannot request a Judgment by Default at this time.

The Defendant is allowed 14 days from the date they were served with the claim to defend or admit your claim before you can request a Judgment by Default.

If the Defendant files an Acknowledgement of Service within 14 days of receiving the claim form, they will be entitled to 28 days from the date they were served with the claim form to file a defence or admission of your claim. If the Defendent does not file a defence or admission within the 28 days you can request a Judgment by Default.

If you have not requested judgment, the defendant may still file a defence to your claim after the 14 days or 28 days have elapsed. The claim will then be transferred to your local court for a hearing to be arranged.

Well the 14 days are up so I dont know what is going on. Do I have to wait until tommorrow to enter judgement??

Also I am a little concerned that no one from A&L have bothered to acknowledge the claim...leaves me wondering if I have done something wrong.

Confused......:confused:

I'm not pretending to be an expert on this, but not hearing from A&L seems to be a common occurence so i wouldn't worry too much about it. I would suggest to wait until tomorow and try hitting the judgement button again, if it still doesn't work then call/email MCOL to see what's going on.

Chin up chicken, 1 more day won't hurt and just think, with each day that passes, your money is getting closer.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Givvynarna. x

Thanks givvynarna

I was just getting a bit worried....I just cant help thinking that the slippery b**gers have come up with a new strategy and I am going to be on the end of a KO blow from them. It would be just my luck.....I could go into a lucky dip and come out with an empty box.

Guess I will just have to wait a bit longer.

Good luck with yours:D

I have just checked MCOL and it is now allowing me to proceed to automatic judgement as A&L have not even botherered to acknowledge the claim.

I am wondering if I should wait for the postman or go for judgement now.....if I do it now, before 9 o'clock it will be processed by the court this morning, rather than tommorrow. What say you????