Subject Access Request-- glasses anyone?

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest NATTIE

I have to post this one and i am sorry that i have to but in the rush to get all the money back something has been lost, the ability to read properly.

On the SAR letter it states " I enclose the statutury £10 under the DPA" or words to that effect.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SEND THE £10, increasingly i am seeing it where no cheque is enclosed. So please read it carefully because you will blame the bank if they reply stating this.

I must add a disclaimer to this because i have seen the reverse being the case so this post is not directed at you guys who have.

• 3 months later...

I think that's an importat point Nattie, that many new SAR applicants are under the assumption that because the cheque is often returned and therefore payment deemed unneccessary, they forget that not enclosing in the first place technically invalidates the entire letter request.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Good call!!

I have seen some posts saying don't bother with £10 as its said BoS don't charge it.

These are currently being put right on an individual basis and reminders issued as they arise. We also say that these £10 charges can be reclaimed.

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

kennythecelt@consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)