Can I get a mortgage with a bad credit rating?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got 3.5 k mortgage arrears with capstone/SPML and i been on a suspended possession order for a year.I was asked by them if i was interested in capitalisation of my arrears to witch i said yes. Got a letter on Saturday saying the were not going to do it even though they suggested it.Is there anyway i can make them do it.I am so mad as they offered me something and have now gone back on it.I thinking of making them do a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on my account and any erroneous charges i going to get back.Is this possible and can anyone help please i getting to wit's end. I come off my fix deal and i on LIBOR plus 4% and i can get a re mortgage in he current climate.I only got in to arrears due to my self having testicular cancer, did they listen or help no.........wished they gone down with Lehman bros.I been working a full year now and i am fine but hey wont seem to help.Any ideas or help will be appreciated

• 6 months later...

I am in the same position - I have DMP which I have never missed payments on partner has excellent credit rating - he wants us to buy somewhere and I was wondering if there was any way of me being on the mortgage too? We can afford both the mortgage and debt - any advice welcome

I am in the same position - I have DMP which I have never missed payments on partner has excellent credit rating - he wants us to buy somewhere and I was wondering if there was any way of me being on the mortgage too? We can afford both the mortgage and debt - any advice welcome

I am in this position as well. My partner is on DMP but my credit rating is perfect. I also have debts but they will be finished in 2 years. Together we earn enough for the repayments and our parents have agreed to lend us the 25% deposit we need.

My question is the same. Would any lenders consider us? By that I mean serious lender with a competitive rate.

I am very interested in this thread, as I got a remortgage with the Chelsea, but they have now changed their criteria and will not lend to anyone with adverse credit. I need a very small amount of additional borrowing, but am now stuck with the Chelsea, I am looking for a change to another provider, but as I live in Northern IReland, it seems to be a very small market, and I have been advised to look on the internet, but there are that many bad deals out there, I need good advice, and I know I will get that from all the other forum members.

Any advice:)

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

We are with redstone at present and the payments are actually in advance. We have a credit score of 789 most defaults ready to drop off this year. 2 ccj's satisfied 2007 . Problem is we are looking to purchase new car but finding it hard to get the loan for it. We are considering doing it through our mortgage. I know that redstone cannot lend any more money , But if at a last resort woulod we be able to secure a loan on the property ?? Interest would be so much cheaper. Wasn't sure if we could do it as they are just administrators for the mortgage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

thank god for forums like this as i feel physically sick at the moment with worry :( i am currently on a debt management plan and have been for the past 12 months with no missed payments. I am however looking to get a mortgage with my boyfriend in the next 6 months. We will have a deposit of around 10% (courtsey of boyfriend), do you think we will have issues with my credit rating? will my credit rating be affected if payments are being met but are obviously lower?

please can someone help put my mind at rest? :(

thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

thank god for forums like this as i feel physically sick at the moment with worry :( i am currently on a debt management plan and have been for the past 12 months with no missed payments. I am however looking to get a mortgage with my boyfriend in the next 6 months. We will have a deposit of around 10% (courtsey of boyfriend), do you think we will have issues with my credit rating? will my credit rating be affected if payments are being met but are obviously lower?

please can someone help put my mind at rest? :(

thanks in advance

you will need 20% deposit and a exemplary record for a lender to touch you....save and save and let the market do its work while you are..

I used the website moneysavingexpert.com and then asked for London and Country Mortgages to ring me back. They were just wonderful. I have about 50,000 in credit card, loans etc and am on a dmp. They found me a remortgage with Abbey.... and we are in the process of getting the funds;)

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Each case on it's merits. All lenders are lending on their own affordability calculators and will deduct any outstanding balance on c/cards, loans from this as well as different underwriting proceedures.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to moneysavingexpert.com, and their links took me to Motley Fool.com,and from there I got London and Country Mortgages, the broker there was great and talked me through it over the phone. I have 6 defaults on my credit rating, and thought I was hopeless, but the Abbey have said Yes..... Good luck

LilythePink

• 2 weeks later...
Go to moneysavingexpert.com, and their links took me to Motley Fool.com,and from there I got London and Country Mortgages, the broker there was great and talked me through it over the phone. I have 6 defaults on my credit rating, and thought I was hopeless, but the Abbey have said Yes..... Good luck

L&C said no to me because I only have 15% deposit

WOW really Abbey said yes with 6 defaults congrats, how old are the defaults if I may ask?