new claim to MBNA

gordonhall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm about to start a new claim to MBNA. I will need to issue a DPA.

Who should I send this to and who should I make the cheque for £10 out to - MBNA?

Thanks in advance...

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

Hi Gordon,

Send it here:

Michael Rhodes

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Chester Business Park

Wrexham Road

Chester

CH4 9FB

England

He runs the company so should be a pretty good start, will more than likely be passed onto the advocates office or the compliance officer

Let us know if you need any further info

Best of luck ! (although you probably won't need it)

Thanks Surrey, I'll get onto it right away. I assume the cheque is just made to MBNA EBL then?

G.

Good luck.

I will be submitting my claim on 19thMay as soon as I get paid.

Fingers crossed will keep you updated.

Don't give up. I have already had one settlement from Citibank.........

yeah, make the cheque payable to them. I got my statements for free and the file notes are on their way. didn't pay for them. you might want to try calling the customer advocate manager on 01244 576317. His name is Stuart Johnson, that's who provided them for me. He said it would take about a week to get the statements but it was closer to 3. The file notes should have been 5 days but is now closer to 5 weeks.

Just make sure that they send all of the info you request. They missed 7 statements for me so I will go to the information commissioner when the 40 days are up. Just realised that was yesterday so will contact them now, will add to my own thread.

Let us know how you get on matey !

Ooohhhhh, isn't all this fun. I'm lovin' it!

• 1 month later...

Got a very nice letter today from MBNA. In short, they claim they disagree with the OFT interpretation of the law, but are planning to go with the guidelines anyway.

They have also credited my account already with £190 as "full and final settlement".

Strange, I don't remember agreeing to this, but thanks for the money anyway. I'll send a letter in the morning saying that I accept it as partial payment but will be pusuing the rest via the courts.

They also said that new terms and conditions will be sent out once the lower rates of charges will be applied - if I can't keep to them, then they will have to cancel my contract with them. I was so sad for them, I was close to tears....

nice that just a little bit of pressure works wonders!

Now, where did I put that pen and paper....

MBNA have kindly given me a goodwill payment of £190. They of course want this as full and final payment which I am refusing.

My question is... When I deduct this amount from what I am claiming in the small claims court, can I deduct if as if it were a fefund of the last lot of charges I paid, or should it come off from the first set of charges.

It will make a (albeit small) difference when it comes to calculating my interest that I wll get back.

Hope that was clear

take it off the most recent ones. They have stated they are not refunding the charges because they are liable but as a gesture of goodwill. So as they haven't told you what charges have been refunded you can make the assumption that it is those that they have easiest access to. i.e. the most recent ones

good idea!

On with the claim!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here is how my last few days have gone....

I received a letter from MBNA (see previous posts) giving me £190 as full and final settlement. Of course I refused. In fact, in my letter that I responded with, I informed them that not only did I not accept that (but thanks for the deposit) but that if they didn't have my account credited with the other £381 that was still outstanding by 09:00hrs on 30th June, then I would begin legal procedings at 09:01 hrs.

Days passed, and nothing, so this morning, at around 9:10 (got to give them a few minutes grace huh!) I checked my account and......

NOTHING

However, whilst looking around other posts, I stumbled upon a potential HUGE problem (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13653-court-ordered-claim-cancelled.html)

The way I read it, was that whilst I could put my application into Moneyclaim, it way well be put aside for... well, who knows how long.

So the cogs got turning. I had to make a decision.

I phoned MBNA. Asked to speak to Steve Bailey, Head of customer advocate office (who had previously credited my account) but unfortunately he wasn't in. Someone there spoke to me asking me what it concerned, so I gave them a little info.

When I said I was serious about suing them today, but was giving them a final opportunity, they weren't quite sure how to take me, so I dropped in that I had just sued and won against HSBC. I was informed that someone would ring me back immediately.

About an hour later, I had a wonderful woman on the phone (veronica I think) who talked through the issue, that they were doing everything legally etc. We were able to be very light and friendly with each other and conversation went extremely well. In the end she asked me what I wanted to sort it all out. I told her I needed my full £381 returned. BUT... I'd got the figure wrong. The actual amount that they "owed" me was £100 less. SHe went throught the figures with me and I spotted it straight away. I think she realised it was a genuine mistake.

Anyway, she asked if, by crediting my account with the £281, would that settle things etc, and I said yes, it saves us both a load of aggro and legal expense (well, them the expense), and I was told it was done!

THE MONEY IS IN MY ACCOUNT!

I would say, do not speak to their legal team unless you feel there is no other alternative, but in this case, I spoke to someone whom I had a good rapport with and it went well.

Case closed, but still several more banks to go for......

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks