Help - Brothers Claim

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, AQ filed at court and copy sent to Abbey, used the Triton Square address and sent registered. Not sure what the court is going to do now, I guess they will let us know soon enough :)

Have CPR18 ready to go BUT along with everyone else it seems my brother has had the dreaded letter from Abbey to say they are applying for a stay - so now have a dilemma. He does not think it is worth pursuing the CPR18 and I am also not sure now. Any comments appreciated.

hmmmmm thats a tough one, probably worth waiting now, if there is a stay, then they wont have to answer it, and if we win, then there will probably be no need for them to answer it. But , as ever, I stand to be corrected.

Ring your court first and see if they are staying cases or if they think they will be applying a stay

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Guest louis wu

I've had that dreaded letter as well, just 2 weeks before the court bundle deadline. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

Never mind, looks like we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

louis

I think everyone has had a dreaded stay letter but until the court let you know they have stayed I would proceed with the CPR 18 Strategy. It will take Abbey a while to get each and every case stayed so its worth it in the mean time!

Have just spoke to Romford Court who have told me that they are carrying on with bank claims as normal. Hope so :D

louis, how is your court dealing with bank claims?

Leecabs, Have CPR all ready to go but my brother is not keen to use it but the good news is above in that Romford seem to be carrying on.

Hey Doo,

I would get that order to them asap, I think but not a hundred % sure that if your order for information issued before the stay then Abbey have to honour it and provide the information within the 2 weeks. This I believe is because the Judge has order the information directly to be provided getting excited again :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest louis wu

Both my bundles are in, and deadlines past.....nothing from Abbey (which is no suprise).

1st case next week (mine) then Mrs Wu's is the week after. Saw a thread (in Barclays I think) where althouth they had applied for a stay, as they had not supplied bundles their defence was struck out.

Looks like Romford might be the place to be....hope they treat Abbey with the same contempt they treat their customers.

Good luck

louis

Hi Doo,

It doesnt rain it just pours... today hubby has had one of his cases stayed by Barnet CC, I am now waiting for my Abbey one to be stayed, I will try and get it lifted if it happens. He still at present has his business claim and he will fight that as it is nothing to do with the test case,

Dsxxx

Guest louis wu

Good old Birkenhead county court.....awarded Abbey thier stay today, and I only had to sit and wait for 2 hours to find out.

Apparently, it would not have made any difference if he had heard my arguments against the stay, as he had already made his mind up.

Oh well, see you all next year:mad:

Good luck all

louis

Hi ds, thanks for link - wanted to do this a couple of weeks ago, had it all printed and ready to go but my brother did not want to spend any more money on this claim, so have left it at the moment, bit frustrating doing someone else's claim, had it been mine I would have sent it. Sorry to hear about your stay :mad:

Hi louis, bad news for you too :mad: , have to say I am waiting the same fate I am sure - lacking motivation at the moment so not on here much at present, I guess we will all hear in due course, frustrating to say the least - all going the Banks way at present.

Guest louis wu

Doo, you've summened it up in one, as always. Still at least we should be at the front of the queue when the test case is over.

louis