Help - Brothers Claim

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest louis wu

yes, I have used that for bits and pieces in the past, but not for anything to do with a claim.

I am not technically savvy enough to know the implications of 'proving' am e-mail delivery, or if they are admissable in court.

I am natrually cautious with this topic, and unless sending another letter is a pain, then I would be inclined to send another, after all, this is just for your benefit, not theirs, and its only an extra couple of days. At least that way you know you are covered later when compiling your court bundle.

Louis

thanks louis, what I will do is send all info by e-mail this evening and also send all info by first class post tomorrow, as this is my brothers claim I usually send everything down to him first to sign but to save time I am thinking of just initialing it or do you think I could sign on his behalf, he lives 50 miles away so can't just pop it round to him.

All done, e-mailed prelim and spready and got auto-e-mail response straight back so I know they have received it, also popped one in the post just to make sure, no mistakes this time.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems I have been a bit slack chasing statements - 40 days are up - I suppose I issue letter for non-compliance, haven't hit this hurdle before even though this is my 6th claim, any advice welcome.

Guest louis wu

Doo, this seems to be happening a lot lately, had 3 or 4 discussions today on exactly this issue.

I think the non compliance letter is very applicable, and then its up to you how long you give before court. I suspect I will have the same dilemma myself soon (5th claim for me:)).

I get the feeling this isn't personal, just a lack of manpower and being totally snowed under with claims. I wish I could feel sorry for them......but quite frankly sympathy for the banks went out with the ark.

Let us know what you decide.

Best of luck

Louis

Thanks louis, you always come to help me which is great as you are familiary with Abbey. Anyway I will send non-compliance letter - will get it sent down to my brother asap, he lives 50 miles away so is a bit frustrating.

Like you louis I do not feel sorry for them one bit, they should get more staff they certainly make enough profit to pay for more. I think they hope we will just go away, but us CAGers just keep coming back.

Just thinking this morning I did actually have this problem with my hubbys cap one statements (he reminded me last night) and I rung them up and also issued the non-compliance giving them 7 days and it worked, statements down within the week. Blimey I have so many things swimming round my head had completely forgotten about cap one statements. Never mind onward and upward.

Thanks louis

My early statements arrived within 14 days, but the microfiche printouts took 50 days! :( I allowed a little more time as the Easter break fell inside the 40 day timescale. Let us know how you get on.

Mad

Thanks for that post, I am going to send non-compliance as it is heading for 50 days, makes sense re: microfiche. Have hit a stick patch with my cap one claim at the moment so have been working on that. Will post when I hear, thanks.

Guest louis wu

Doo, dont forget, its okay for you to have a break from a claim to concentrate on something else, we all have lives families and other claims to deal with.

The difference is, the banks have no such right. Your money will still be there when you are ready, after all, its getting 8% (tax free) interest and what savings account offers that?

Louis

You must have been looking at my other threads lol. My Cap One claim has hit a bit of a hurdle in that they are refusing to pay out contractual rate even though there have been 3 such successful claims this week - all claiming CCI. Letter going back to cap one tomorrow refusing payment, if you feel you can make any comments to my cap one thread they would be v.welcome.Anyway I must get this was done as it's not mine it's for my brothers who has alot of health problems and the money is urgently needed. Have sent non-compliance letter by e-mail today, must admit it worked well last time I sent them a letter by e-mail.

Guest louis wu

Doo, I will have a look, but CI is not my strong point (you need Bill-K for that one).

Well done with the non-compliance letter, unfortunate that you've had to do it, but at least its done now.

Louis

Will do louis, can't tell you how much help he has been and he has never once let me down, always replied to posts etc etc and I know alot of people feel the same.

Guest louis wu

I think Bill is a bit lke marmite in here.....you know, love him/hate him, I do know, though, that the bill-k appreciation society has the upper hand (He will know what I mean:)).

louis, game on. My brother has received his other statements and is sending them to me, so once I have received them I can add them onto the spready and send updated copy to Abbey.:D

Guest louis wu

At last, a bit of action for you to get your teeth into. I almost feel sorry for Abbey.....nearly, but not quite:D.

Should be infor a busy month, keep us updated.

Louis

ps, thanks for the PM

Have updated schedule today, they were overdue sending statements by about 12 days, sent apologies and refunded £10 fee to my brothers account. Anyway this is being sent tomorrow first class recorded, am going to stick to timetable as I have made it clear from the beginning I would be updating charges once I got all statements. Due to file court action 7th May. (Think that is a bank holiday so will do it the 8th) At last :D

Can anyone tell me when claiming back charges on a joint account - when filling in court form should both names ie Mr xxxxx & Mrs xxxxx be put on front of N1 form, have only issued claims for single accounts.