When You Get Your Refund

Spiceskull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is important to consider what to do once you have had your money refunded by the bank. If you have raised your claim with the court, and the bank has settled, please do the following:
  • Write to the court: notify them that your claim has been settled, and that you now consider the claim closed
  • Write to the bank: thank them for settlement for THIS claim
  • Fill in the survey: BAG needs to know which banks are settling, and how much for
  • PM Dave/BF: let them know that your 'litigation in progress' is now 'litigation concluded'
  • Visit - and use - the donate button: your donation will help keep the site available for other people
  • Go and celebrate :)

(clearly, if you have not raised your claim at court, then you do not need to do the first and fourth tasks...)

Hi,

I need some advice but , not sure I'm in the right forum. Today I received a letter from Halifax offering settlement. This reply was sent BEFORE I even sent out the LBA letter! Most impressed! The problem is, since my first letter, they have charged be again £39, I'm actually quite happy to accept their offer, as I will get payment within 14 days. However, I'm concerned that their letter says, their offer does not mean they are liable, just an act to resolve the complaint. Furthermore, they say that it is MY job to manage my account and should I incur further charges, they WILL NOT pay them back and they may close my account! If I accept their offer am I saying that I will not go overdrawn again and how can I stop them charging me further? Any advise appreciated, Angie xx

I have recieved offer letters and althoug tempting these will jsut clear overdarfts and will not really benifit. SO am going to refuse. The thing is if this does all go to court will i have to pay their costs "IF" they win as i couldnt afford this at all.

But i dont see why i should loose another £600 odd Pound to them.

Surley they must know its less for them to settle without waiting to have to pay up the additional interest and court costs.

Has anyone actually Lost that we know of when they have had to go to court??

• 4 weeks later...
Guest NATTIE

moderator you can private message to get your thread changed to ****WON*******. and scroll to the top of the paget and under the logo for consumer action group it has "bank charges refunds survey"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a similar issue, I have received full settlement from MBNA but they have paid the amount into my MBNA account and I was relying on the fact that I would get a cheque in my hand 'so to speak' what do I do now ??

Prilly35,

I think this comes down to whether MBNA's payment to you puts your account in credit or not.

If it is in credit, then phone them and ask/demand that they send you a cheque for the amount in credit (which may or may not be the amount of their payment). You might have to threaten to close your account, as they will have to send you a cheque for the credit amount if you do close it.

If their payment only reduces the debit balance on your account (i.e. it now has a smaller debit balance or a zero balance) then you're struggling - unless your letters to them insisted on payment by cheque, in which case you can write back rejecting their offer and authorise them to remove the amount from your account and send you a cheque.

THFC4EVER,

Thanks for your reply ;)

I followed Martin Lewis's templates to the word and to quote the letters I sent they all said "I therefore ask that you repay me the full amount". As I have had success with Morgan Stanley recently I just expected MBNA to fall in line and send me a cheque. I wonder if this is a tactic ? :mad: I also think it prudent to say that my credit card account is in default and I only pay a token payment due to severe financial difficulties:!: Interestingly enough MBNA filed a defence on the 2nd April and yet I get told by letter today, 20th April that as a gesture of goodwill they are crediting my account ??:o

Blimey this is only my 2nd credit card company and I have 11 to go :eek:

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

Blimey this is only my 2nd credit card company and I have 11 to go :eek:

9 down for me and I am now doing my 10th & 11th credit card company! :D

100% success so far.

Keep at it.

Y

Open Cases

Citi Credit Card.

Sansbury's Bank Credit Card.

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - Won!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :-)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :-)

Visit my forum: Summer Storm & Winter Snow Watch

Credit Cards

Barclaycard -WON! Amex - WON! MBNA (x2) - WON!

Mint - WON! Monument - WON! Morgan Stanley - WON!

Egg - WON! Halifax - WON! Sainsbury's Bank - WON!

Citi Cards -WON!

Banks

08/06/06 Claim against NatWest started.

01/11/06 Case Closed :)

08/06/06 Claim against Halifax started

24/08/06 Case closed :)

Visit my forum: http://www.planet-watch.org/forum

Prilly35,

I don't know whether you can demand payment by cheque if your account is in default :confused:

Try posting a new thread in the "Other Institutions, MBNA" forum and explain the situation. Some of the more experienced people on here will give you better advice than I can offer :-)

As for having lots of claims, I *can* offer advice on this!

I had 19 claims in total:

- 8 settled before court

- 11 required a MCOL claim

Of those 11:

- 2 (Monument (Barclays) and Lloyds TSB) say they're going to defend and the cases have been moved from Northampton to my local court

- 5 have paid in full, including court fees, 8% interest and daily interest (assuming their cheques clear)

- 4 have promised to pay and I'm waiting for their confirmation

So, from all of this the best advice I can give is to know that it is a long road. Don't go into this thinking that it will only take one letter. It won't! :x

However, you WILL WIN as long as you follow the steps on this site, stick to your guns whilst the banks mess you about (as they surely will), and be patient.

It is worth it in the end, so best of luck and keep us all posted :grin:

THFC4EVER.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with a paragraph to send to the bank

accepting their full offer? I have filed discontinuance after the cheque cleared, and now want some pearls to thank them for settling.

Many TIA

Maangov

HSBC A/C - WON! - £1,575 Charges, Stat Interest and default removed before court!

HSBC CC - WON! - £1,025 Charges, and Stat Interest refunded

ARGOS - WON! - £250 Charges & Contractual Interest

CREATION WON! - £180 Charges & Contractual Interest

BARCLAYCARD- Court Date Set - 09/10/2007

EGG - SAR Sent 22/12/06, ID Sent 05/01/07. No progress yet.

• 4 weeks later...

According to the court LLoyds TSB have settled - but I have not had any confirmation from them yet. Although I believe the court - do I still have to go to court or can I get away with sending a letter to court which will arrive AFTER my court case tomorrow?

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks