Kensington Mortgages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am concerned that I have been over charged by Kennsington Mortgages over the past 17 months and would like some advice please.

When I first got my mortgage with them I gave them an account number with the Halifax, a number of weeks later I closed the account and informed Kensinton about this and not to make any further requests for payments.

All future payments I sent to them by cheque every month. However every month they continued to apply to my closed account for the DD , this occured twice every month from January 2005 to May 2006.

I was sent two letters evey month when the DD was returned, charging me £25 pounds per letter , £50 per month in total.

They would not cancel the DD as they told me that it was in the terms of the contract that payments had to be made this way?

So, over a 17 month period I have been charged in total £700 this was added to the balance of my mortgage.

Last month I settled my morgage with them in full.

Does anyone think that I may be able to claim theses costs back? ontop of this I also had to pay them an early settlement fee of £8500.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks.

Guest Lueeze

Yes! If you know the exact amount, send of a prelim and get the ball rolling.

Do you have proof that you requested the stop of DD?

Guest Lueeze

You must read the FAQ's, the prelim is in the Library, but dont do this until you have familiarised yourself with the process of reclaiming...

Lou x

You must read the FAQ's, the prelim is in the Library, but dont do this until you have familiarised yourself with the process of reclaiming...

Lou x

Thanks for the info. I will send the letter off next week and will let you know what response I get

I have set the ball rolling today in relation to disputing their £50 a month arrears fee.

Due to illness just before xmas, I fell two months into arrears.

Since then, I have offered £50 a month on top of mortgage to bring account up to date. They refused and took me to court, where the Judge said it was a reasonable offer.!!! It has now cost me £450 legal fees for something that could have been agreed to before court action, but Kensington are too pig headed.

The reason they refused was that because of their £50 a month arrears fee, it was cancelling out the £50 extra I had offered.

I wrote about a month ago to query these charges and they replied that they have to employ extra staff to deal with arrears cases. They also say that each account in arrears is reviewed monthly to see what can be done to solve the problems.

Firstly, I have pointed out that Kensington do not directly suffer any losses regarding extra staff. They use an outside company to deal with the admin side of things .(this agency is also used by many other lenders) It is the agency that would surely suffer any extra financial losses, if any.

My next point was that even if there is any "manual intervention", then it hardly adds up to £50. If that is the case, then assuming the staff are on just above minimum wage, it means that it must take almost eight hours of their time to review the accounts then put a letter into an envelope and affix a second class stamp.

As soon as I receive a reply I will let you know the outcome.

Buzz.

Sorry if the post is a bit waffly....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks