FD little claim settled without court.

vix2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't think that we have any eveidence that they are any different to any of the others.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that mean? That none have actually gone to court yet? We are prepared to go to court otherwise we wouldn't have gone this far, but I don't want to waste hours pouring through legalities if the chances of getting to court are minimal.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

GE Capital - counter claim 6/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Thanks Dave I totally understand and respect your ethics. You all help us so much and we're very grateful. Its just that I am claiming for my daughter and as usual do most of the donkey work!!!!! (if you're a parent you'll understand). I am au fait with the general principle, that in law a charge cannot be disproportionate to what the actual costs of the action are, and my basic argument is that if a debit card payment in a store can be refused due to lack of funds and elicit no charge then surely to refused a dd or cheque payment cannot cost any more? Along with the other consumer, contract laws cited here, of course, but my fear is that obviously a bank will have more powerful legal experts who could run rings around us.

If you found this post helpful please click on the scales, top right. Thank you.

If you find this site helpful and if you reclaim your charges please donate by clicking the button at the top of the page

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Should we be saying on the court form that the charges do not reflect the true cost of the action the bank takes contrary to the contract law and is therefore a penalty rather than a charge? am I right in believing this is the basis of the claim? Thanks.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Thanks Dave. I think the panic's setting in!!!!!

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

• 2 weeks later...

We recieved a letter from first direct today after 3 letters asking for a further 10 working days to investigate. They basically say that they don't agree that the charges are disprportionate and that the contract between the bank and customer is governed by their account terms and conditions. It refers us to various sections re. unauthorised od's, and says their fees are clearly stated in their leaflets. They are unable to agree to our request and if we wish to escalate our concerns further we should write to a Robert Kernaghan the customer relations manager. If they don't hear within 8 weeks they will assume the matter is resolved. My daughter is awaiting documentation to apply for exemption from court fees as she is on benefit, and the intetion is to send in the court papers. Is this the correct action now please?

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Have the proof of benefit so posting court papers tomorrow recorded delivery. If anyone in the Sheffield area fancies giving a bit of support if we have to go to court it would be greatly appreciated.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Just to say the new site is just great. The new first direct sub forum is great, and being able to view the newests posts first is also great. All the little things that I would have liked tweaking have been tweaked and now its perfect. Thanks for all your hard work and congratulations on a great site.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Thanks very much.

It's going to get much bigger very soon as well, and so a proper structure was most certainly going to be needed!!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I know. I can't believe how its grown even since I joined. I don't know how you all manage to work, have a life and run this site!!!!!!!

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

It's knackering, and I believe it's about to get bigger!!

All my other projects have taken a back seat (like my TiVO for Freeview box I was making, that I desperatly want to get back to!).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Its not much consolation but believe me, and I'm sure all the other members will back me up on this, its greatly appreciated.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

It's plenty of consolation ;-)

------------

------------

Dave!

BRAVO

I think it is great too.

One small question!

Are we now American? Or is it possible to put the date back to correct British version ie. DD-MM-YY???

I am married to an american so appreciate the diversity of cultures and also the computer programmers nightmare of trying to overcome americanisms.

Just a small request.

LOULA

I noticed that but thought I'd done something wrong!!!!!!!!!

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Have the proof of benefit so posting court papers tomorrow recorded delivery. If anyone in the Sheffield area fancies giving a bit of support if we have to go to court it would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know when you get your date and I'll try and be there.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Thanks a lot. Will keep you informed. It would be great to have some support.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Excellent stuff, well done. I've only been here a week or so and my first thoughts were "this is great, now where can I find similar help with rip-offs with loans, mortgages, mobile phone charges, utilitity companies etc."

You've got it all in hand, and although I haven't had time to take any action yet, I am more inspired and more inclined to do so now. I will admit that, mostly due to lack of time and ill health, I tend to moan about these injustices but rarely get around to doing anything about it. This site will change all that for me and I'm sure for thousands of others.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Shucks!!

------------

------------

Hi Vix,

Hows your claim going, have they acknowledged it?

They acknowledged mine last week.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Hi Mondeo. Just pm'd you. Really sorry, never get pm's so only just noticed yours in my inbox.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Thanks for keeping me informed. It's nice to have an idea of what they'll do to us and what to expect.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

Can you give us all an update vix ?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Hi. Basically we sent the court papers with the form for exemption from charges with proof of benefit. The court papers were returned asking if first direct was a plc or other. After searching the FD site all I could find was that they were a subsiduary of HSBC bank plc so put that on the form and sent it back on Monday. So now we're just waiting to hear from the court.

First Direct 1 - settled

First Direct 2 - settled

RBS 1 - claim made 8/5/6

RBS 2 - claim made 8/5/6

Halifax - settled 31/5/6

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks