pinkduchess v HSBC

pinkduchess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

pd - i will send you my particulars to use as an example - there is one in the library as well -but it never hurts to have two. that's the advantage of the N1 - you aren't limited in space for your particulars of claim - but it's big enough for most people. well, now you have it twice - i see i already sent it!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that will raise eyebrows when the clerk to the courts shouts out Mr Pink Duchess.... can I be camera man?

Oh and I have to ask…. Would he dress for the part?.... I picture a Scarlet O’hara costume….

I suspect all of this waiting for 14 days to pass is doing my sanity no good whatsoever….. ho hum…

pete

costumes or no costumes I hope that we wont get to see the clerk to the court!! I keep reading about 'court bundles' and its frightening me to think that far ahead. So im concentrating on 'now' - just completed my MCOL ready to send next week - will recheck it over & over before I submit.

Duchess... my sense of humour gets the better of me sometimes sorry this is serious... there is no way you will see a court, you think your scared.... think what the banks are facing.. they are set to loose billions of pounds if they get it wrong, and they know they are wrong.

You have raised a fair point, my account is a joint account too and I have been acting on my own, I will have to send a release from my other half with my schedule of charges when I receive the acknowledgement paperwork, that should sort it.

pete

pete, if you can sign on the acct w/o two sigs then you'll be ok, it's just that she had written her letters in both names and wants the continuity.

if you signed the letters just your name - then i think file in yours.

havent been back on mcol site today but was having trouble putting both names - it wouldnt let me put xxx & xxx. I ended putting xxx/xxx. Will maybe check this with their site helpers.

pete your humerous comments are a welcome light relief whilst doing this.

checked with mcol helpers & they said ok to put both names using xxxx/xxxx

another question - im supposed to file on Mon 19th. Shall I do it sunday evening as from what ive read I think it says that claims filed before 9am get dealt with that day. If i leave it till Monday eve (wont get on compter till evening) it wont get started till tuesday? not a big difference i know but I dont want to do it on the sunday if its too early.

Dutchess I don't think it will matter when you file the MCOL Sun/Mon or Tue as HSBC have already had plenty of time to give you your money back a few hours here or there won't make a difference.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

I sent mine in with abbreviations exactly as the CAG template. I think the Courts will have seen enough of these by now to know what it means.

See how many characters you have spare (it tells you below the MCOL window and replace some of the abbreviations if you can, it can’t hurt to be a little different.

pete

thank you both!

And now for the next question....:idea:

As I've stated in my 'particulars of claim' Another copy of charges will be sent (to HSBC) should I write a quick letter to HSBC enclosing the full spreadsheet which includes the 8% telling them I've filed at the court & will now be claiming the extra 8% plus court costs? (I would do this same day as filing at court.)

There is no need, once you file your claim with the court you say bye bye to uncle Colin and the "Service Quality Team" and hello to DG HSBC's solicitor.

After you file your claim you will be sent a copy of the issued document by the court, a few days later DG will acknowledge the claim (the little window in your MCOL page will change from issued to acknowledged) and the court will send you a letter confirming the acknowledgment with DG's address etc included.

Then write a letter to both the court and DG enclosing your schedule (I have a template I borrowed from Michael for both but its on my machine at work, I will send you copies tomorrow) remember to also mark everything with your claim number.

pete