PLEASE HELP!!! Moorcroft

DreamX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd ask for them to put the fact it has been in court to the test by providing the reference number you can check on-line. Also, as you are unaware of any court action, you will be petitioning to the court for a set aside. If they did have a court order the bailifs would have been round about two months ago.

Thats wot i thought re: the bailiffs... the only visit ive had was from someone who was a rep from Moorcroft. Ill call them today and ask for more details. :)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Guest Mincemeat

Have they put the court thing in writing or is it just verbal on the phone? If it is verbal (as I think it must be) the chances of it being true are about 0.1%. If it is in writing, it will be slightly higher, but tell them you're going to contest it anyway.

Have they put the court thing in writing or is it just verbal on the phone? If it is verbal (as I think it must be) the chances of it being true are about 0.1%. If it is in writing, it will be slightly higher, but tell them you're going to contest it anyway.

I dont remember it going to court etc... Like u said if it had (and it did in Feb according the them) then why havent they yet sent in the heavy mob !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I was having problems with Moorcroft and tested them, I offered them £15 each month and they kept saying no and threatned me with a letter saying it would go to court, I called their bluff and it worked I kept saying I would rather it go to court, they accepted my amount. Recently though they ave been really pushy at getting me to pay more because it will take 32 months to clear the debt ha ha ha and I called their bluff yet again about court and know they have hushed up again.

Now as for the letter being sent saying someone had called to your house to arrange payments 9 times out of 10 they are lying as I lived in a apartment block with a security door and was not working and nobody had buzzed my apartment or knocked on my door as stated, they r so shady cos when i called Moorcroft to complain about them lying they stated it only means someone might have called, how pathetic ha ha!!

Has for them taking you to court, then if they have your address details the court should have wrote to you giving you the chance to stick up for yourself so they r probably lying.

Good luck & I will carry on taking the mickey out of them cos my debt wont be worth much in 32 months lol with no interest ha ha

Thanks Priority but I requested my CCA in November and they sent it in the allocated time, but it was a dodgy photocopy, exactly the same photocopy as the one Marks and Spencer sent with my statements, so is this legit?

I have just spoken to Marks and Spencer and I have asked for them to send in writing that my CCA is with Moorcroft and explained how dodgy it looked, they tried to get out of it which has aroused my suspicions more, so I told them Id started recording the call and expect to have the letter by next weekwith all information about me passed to and from Moorcroft, which they should not be able to alter on a Computer.

We shall see if they get difficult then I will risk it and stop paying Moorcroft on the chance that they have not got the original.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

My wife had an account with Studio Cards which has been passed onto Moorcroft.It was orriginally £1200 but is now down to £85.00 after paying £100 per month.

Can this be claimed back as the debt was not Moorcroft in first place,and should she carry on paying..

Cheers

Chris

I dont remember it going to court etc... Like u said if it had (and it did in Feb according the them) then why havent they yet sent in the heavy mob !!

Did you recieve the following letter from Moorcroft p4nd0rasb0x ..

We have been instructed by (blah blah)

To collect your overdue debt of pounds and pence

We are informed that you have failed to make the necessary payments under a County Court Judgement. If you wish to avoid further serious action it is essential that you settle this debt without delay.

Please say you did 'cause i'd love to prove this is a standard letter and not sent in error by them.

• 5 years later...

why pay moorcroft anything at all?...they have no legal powers to enforce any payments from anyone. they are a private company that make a lot of threats that they cannot back up. Dont let them fill you with fear...they are a bunch of never do wells...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to create new thread,so I'll ask here. I had some financial problems I didn't pay for my three mobile contract about 3-4 months. Today I get a letter from Moorcroft :

''We are agents of ''Three''

Their records show that the above account has an outstanding balance. ..... Please contact us to confirm the position and so that we can make the appropriate arrangements.''

I was going to pay this debt this week to three mobile. But now I don't know who have my debt. Can I just pay to three mobile or I have to contact Moorcroft?

thread was from 2007

now closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks