Geoffrey Parker Boune re outstanding car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter last week from a 'solicitors' called Geoffrey Parker Bourne who stated that I owed a debt to their client of £236.

I rang them up and asked who is it that I owe the money too. the did not seem to know ands just asked "have you had a car on finance?". Yes I replied and it was paid off 2 months a go. I now have a new car on finance.

Oh they said it must be something to do with the payment insurance????

I asked them to send me a copy of the agreement and they said they would.

Today I get another letter off them telling me that as I have not responded to them they are giving me 7 days before commencing legal action.....WHAT !!!.

In the poop without a scoop....

Hi Hedgehog

You may have already done this:

Write to them, don't telephone and keep copies. If they reply by telephone, listen to them and ask for a copy of the conversation in writing, if you can, record it and tell them you are recording it. Don't give personal details over the 'phone.

Dont get angry in your letters to them, don't threaten them, just be polite but firm at this stage

1) Ask who their client is.

2) Ask for the agreement number they are claiming on.

3) Ask again for a copy of the agreement.

When they reply you should be in a better position to question the company they are representing.

If they start legal proceedings, reply to the court that you are intending to defend the case. In your defence to their claim state that you have no knowledge of this debt and are trying to get more information from the claimant and there solicitors.

If they dont reply with the requested information submit a request under s77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they have to reply within 12 days if they fail to do so they are commiting a criminal offence - theres a template in the library for this.

Sorry if these seems basic but you will notice from threads in this forum that people don't always keep to what they have said especially in telephone conversations.

Good Luck

This letter almost certainly came from a debt collector using GPB's notepaper. A very dodgy practice that those who regulate solicitors don't seem to have any intention of stopping.

Use the CCA letter to obtain the agreement as suggested. Have you had no other correspondence in respect of this matter?