Are the laws changing?

andyglover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm starting out on the road to claiming my bank charges back. NOt thousands of pounds worth, but enough to make it worth my while doing it. I jsut wished they hadn't had taken them in the first place...

Anyway, I have written to Nationwide and they will be sending me my statements soon. The letter of receipt from Nationwide was dated 28-12.

Anyway, someone mentioned, or maybeI heard, that the laws are changing and come March, we wont be bale to claim back bank charges.

Is this true?

I cant find any other thread about it anywhere...any advice will me much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Er don't think so! I think that a report from The Office of Fair Trading may be due then.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

It will be along the same lines as the Report about Credit Card's.

There may be a recommended maximum Cost...i.e. £12 per transgression.

However...

That £12 can still be challenged, as the Banks have yet to produce their ACTUAL costs and as such, even £12 can be viewed as an excessive unlawful Charge, until such time as they do!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)