2392 Ann v Lloyds tsb

2392ann
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not to sure Ann but could it be because the interest is being applied from differing dates.

Small sums over a long period of time can amout to similar large sums over a short period of time.

8% since 2000 gives more of a return than 8% since 2004.

04/01/07 New S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent by RECORDED DELIVERY

05/01/07 Delivery of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) confirmed by Royal Mail

18/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) data received

09/02/07 Prelim letter sent.

16/02/07 Frist template response received (nothing out of the ordinary).

23/02/07 LBA sent.

22/03/07 Claim issued to County Court

28/03/07 Claim served on Lloyds TSB (to reply by 11/04/07)

16/04/07 Acknowledgement of service (date stamped 12/04/07) received. Lloyds intend to defend the whole of the claim.(Lloyds' defense to be filed by 25/04/07)

26/04/07 Received Lloyds defense (standard 9 point) AQ to be returned by 11/05/07

09/05/07 My AQ returned to court

22/05/07 Lloyds have not met the AQ deadline. Court give them until 05 June to file

05/06/07 AQ filed by Lloyds with application for 1 month stay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi grifin9949

I understand what you mean but my charges are random over the past 6 year on both accounts, to me there is too much of a difference between the one interest and the other, I'ts not that I want to claim more interest, but to make sure they are both calculated correctly, making sure the LTSB now I mean business!!

Ann

• 2 weeks later...

I am ready to send off my court claim; I've received a settlement figure of £645 paid into my account and £105 of charges refunded (or rather not going to charge me); I am going to send the template letter accepting this as part payment, in that letter it states that they can take this back from my account if they wish to. How do I calculated what my claim is going to be i.e., do I deduct the £750, but what if they take this back, or do I submit the whole claim and adust it at a later date if they don't take the money back??

Can anyone help.

Also, i've read a thread regading using the Ombudsman to reclaim charges; the bank seem to have settled out of court and within a matter of weeks, does anyone know anymore??

Please can someone help me with what to do next....

I went throught the first letter asking for money back 3995 incl interest - got standard reply saying nothing constructive. so sent theatening letter back to them saying court etc.. waited 7 days and got offered back a FINAL OFFER of £690 plus waivering some charges that were goping out that month £140, saying that if I wanted to go further then I should contact the Financial ombudsman, what should I do next as I presume the reason that they are doing this is that they have a serious backlog of claims and this may take upto 6 months to get an answer from them.

Is anyone else in the same position, if so what course of action should I take next?

:Cry:

I'm ready to send my court claim off, just a few questions:-

They have refunded £750, if I deduct this amount from the charges on the claim form then the spreedsheet I need to attached will not correspond with the claim, is this ok or do I need to put a note explaining that they they are different, if not what should I do?

You need to deduct the £750. Deduct the £750 from the most recent charges that way it has minimum impact on your interest (I presume you are claiming statutory interest) however show your workings so that it does not subsequently get deducted twice.

The schedule MUST reconcile with the claim form.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 1 month later...

Hi, It's been a while since I've been on this site, I stil haven't sent off claim form as I've been up to my eyes in other things but I am ready to do so now. I just have a few questions.

1. I have been told to deduct the £750 LTSB have refunded me from my claim, but they have subsequently written to me and advised that £750 is the maximum that they will pay out and it will be 'deducted from any award that mey be given'. Should I deduct it or not.

2. Also as I've taken a bit longer than I though to get to this point since writting my initial letter to the bank I have been charged more charges, as this is outside the 6 years do I need to claim these separately or can they be added?

Thanks

1. Deduct it. Take it off your most recent charges so that it has the least impact on your interest. Show that you have taken it off so that it does not subsequently get deducted again when the matter eventually settles as I said in my post 59.

2. You can add on the more recent charges right up to the point of filing your claim at court, after that it becomes more difficult.

Sorry one more thing

where do I show the deduction of £750, on the court form or on a separate sheet, do I actually take the charges off the spreedsheet?

If your claim includes charges old than 6 years, it is likely that it will take longer to settle your claim, as Lloyds generally make full offers for all charges save those that are over 6 years old and any contractual interest.

I have claimed charges that are over 6 years in my Lloyds thread, see the link below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/81799-issues-raised-llloyds-bank.html

Show the deduction on the schedule of charges.