In what format did you recieve your charges back?

Phil3822
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im curious to hear how people recieved their charges back. I owe my bank a fair bit of money and am wondering if they generally credit the account or send a cheque out. Do you have a choice?

I am hoping they do not credit my account, as Im in an IVA it would be off little use.

It's your choice - you are calling the shots - if they want to settle before court, then it's on your terms.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Guest Lueeze

If it gets to court then the debtor can decide, thus paying it off debt owed, however this never happens so in theory you should get a cheque or the like.

I would be very surprised if the bank send you a cheque when you have an active account with them, in the 2 cases i've won the money was paid into my account.

You could ask for the money as a cheque but the banks have only to show that they have paid you, and they could argue that by paying it into your account you have instant access to the money, whereas a cheque would take time to arrive in the post then it has to clear so in fact they are doing you a favour.

I can't see any arguement for getting them to pay you in a way you or I would demand. If you don't want it in your account then the best bet is to close the account and open another.

Conversely, each time I have got my money back (every time I have challenged it) - I have always been sent a cheque.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Well, I demanded that the first two give me cheques - they did.

I also demanded that the third did, and they wrote back asking if it would be ok to just put it back in my account - I agreed.

------------

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6612 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks