Barclays Collections and Recoveries

blfamily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am being pestered by 0845 3004275. Calls started on 8 February and I have been ignoring the number since they leave no message. On 10 February I receive a letter from Barclays Collections & Recoveries, PO Box 362 Manchester, who claim I have gone back on an agreement to repay arrears of a loan (LOL) I haven't even got an arrangement to go back on! Oddley the number on the letter is 0845 3000 442 and not the number that rings me.

All this started in June 06 when a call centre rep refused a overdraft increase; offering a new loan to replace one I had started 18mth previous. This loan turned out to be a lesser amount at higher interest, this was cancelled, but they ignored the cancelation request - I finally got the original loan re instated, but then they started to take payments from the Barclays account, when I had moved to another bank. Causing more problems, the Standing Order cancelled itself and I started getting calls from the above number asking for money, but the amount they asked for was based on the wrong loan. A helpful employee tried to put things right and my complaint via Retail Banking Customer Relations dragged on, so I missed payments in October and December. In December the SO set itself up again!! without my knowledge, this was after I told them the correct bank to take the loan from!!. Fortunately Customer Relations saw this and refunded the £35 charge and sent me a standing order mandate to give to my new bank. This I have done.

Now the letter I have from Collections quotes the wrong loan repayment amount - I have written to them and copied to Retail Customer relations as they are after more money than they should be because they are likely to be charging me to much interest.

I just wonder how long this is going to take?

Should I pay part of the amount asked for or hold fire until I know the full amount?

Can I get the arrears wiped out as the bank is at fault through not sending a Standing Order Mandate, once they reinstated the old loan?

Right since this appears to be an internal mix up rather than you asking for the refund of monies, I would suggest that you take up Barclays' internal complaints mechansim, which they have to give you. But you must specifically ask that the complaints mehanism is invoked. If you are not happy with the outcome then report the matter to the Ombudsman once Barclays arrive at the failure to agree mechanism. Once you give the Ombudsman all the facts he/she will come to a binding decision on both of you.

From the facts that you describe it seems pretty staright forward, it won't cost you apenny but it will cost Barclays for the refferal.

Mike

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Thanks Mike.

I'll see what happens, they should get the letters tomorrow.

Had 2 calls tonight from the 0845 number (it is logged on caller display now!) and first call was one ring, second call two rings! I have had phone calls outside the opening times quoted on the letter - ie after 7pm week nights and after 1pm Saturday, plus calls on Sunday.

• 3 years later...

Barclays collections department are open (for outbound calls) 8am-9pm during the week and 9am-6pm on Saturdays. The opening hours quoted on the letter apply only to the inbound call centre ie if you decide to ring them in response to the letter... And yes, it is Barclays themselves ringing, not an external company.