GE Capital Woodchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've been looking around the site for a few months now - have found it incredibly useful. I'm pursuing several claims, but trying to deal seriously with only one at a time,as it does get very confusing.

My main problem at present is GE Capital. My husband took out a loan several years ago, got into difficulties and loan was transferred to Link finance. He has kept only one letter from GE Capital, which shows a service charge of £78 (thanks - great service!), and I am confident that there were more charges made, so........

30/11/06 - sent SAR with £10 payment

8/12/06 - cheque for £10 left my account

then nothing!!!!

10/1/07 - I sent letter of complaint to information commissioner, also a letter I found somewhere one this site (I'm very sorry to who-ever posted it, I can't give you credit for it as I can't find it again!)

letter as follows:

letter before action

You have failed to comply with my data protection act subject access request dated 30/11/06.

If you do not respond within the next 7 days, I shall seek a court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the court and without any further notice.

Am now stuck!! they haven't responded in any way. Information commissioner did send a questionnaire, which I've returned, but they don't really seem to have any power.

I'd be really really grateful if someone can advise me what to do next. :confused: I wouldn't mind so much if they hadn't cashed my cheque, but they've basically stolen from us (again!!):mad:

Hello again, thanks for the advice happy. I did follow the template for SARs request, they've just chosen to ignore it!

Sorry to be thick, but is GE Capital Woodchester the same as Capital One?

The address I wrote to was Bruntcliffe Way Leeds - they obviously received the letter as they cashed the cheque!!

GE Capital Woodchester is not the same as Capital One.

A look here Information Commissioners - Data Protection Public Register reveals three names, ANGLO GROUP LTD, GE CAPITAL BANK LIMITED and WOODCHESTER CORPORATE LIMITED

Click GE Capital Bank Limited and you get; WELBECK CARDHOLDER SERVICES, WELBECK FINANCIAL SERVICES, SELECT, WELBECK,FIRST PERSONAL INSURANCE SERVICES, GE CAPITAL - MOTOR FINANCE, DEBENHAMS CARDHOLDER SERVICES, HARVEY NICHOLS CARDHOLDER SERVICES, BURTON CARDHOLDER SERVICES, BURTON GROUP CARDHOLDER SERVICES, CHAMPION SPORT CARDHOLDER SERVICES EVANS CARDHOLDER SERVICES, PRINCIPLES FOR MEN CARDHOLDER SERVICES, TOP MAN CARDHOLDER SERVICES, TOP SHOP CARDHOLDER SERVICES, CURRYS CARD SERVICES, DIXON CARD SERVICES, PRINCIPLES FOR WOMEN CARDHOLDER SERVICES, HARRODS CARD SERVICES, FRASERCARD SERVICES, BENTALLS CARD SERVICES, PREMIUM PREFERENCE,PERSONAL ACCOUNT, DEBENHAMS FINANCE LTD, HARVEY NICHOLS FINANCE, GE CORPORATE CARD SERVICES, GE CORPORATE CARD, FIRST PERSONAL BANKCARD SERVICES, THE FIRST PERSONAL BANK PLC, GE CAPITAL WOODCHESTER, FIRST PERSONAL, GE PERSONAL MOTORING, CAPTAIN OM WATTS FINANCE, COUNTERSIGN FINANCE , DUKE STREET FINANCE, SMAC FINANCE, EVANS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, DOROTHY PERKINS PERSONAL ACCOUNT TOP SHOP PERSONAL ACCOUNT, BURTON PERSONAL ACCOUNT, CHAMPION SPORT PERSONAL ACCOUNT, RINCIPLES FOR MEN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, PRINCIPLES FOR WOMEN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, TOPMAN PERSONAL ACCOUNT, DEBENHAMS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, HARVEY NICHOLS PERSONAL ACCOUNT, BURTON GROUP PERSONAL ACCOUNT, PRINCIPLES FOR MEN CARDHOLDER SERVICES, WOODCHESTER, FIRST NATIONAL CARD SERVICES, FIRST PERSONAL CARDHOLDER SERVICES, FIRST PERSONAL FINANCIAL SERVICES, GE CAPITAL, GE CAPITAL CARD SERVICES, GE BANKCARD SERVICES, LOOKERS FINANCE, WOODCHESTER FINANCE, NORTH HERTS FINANCE, NENE INVESTMENTS, GE CUSTOM FINANCE, ZOOM, ZOOM.CO.UK, VALUE DIRECT, VALUE DIRECT CUSTOMER SERVICES, HAWKSHEAD CUSTOMER SERVICES, RACING GREEN CUSTOMER SERVICES, WADE SMITH CUSTOMER SERVICES, JAMJAR.COM WHATCAR? AUTOCAR FINANCE SERVICES FIT AUTO FINANCIAL SERVICES FAFS GE WOODCHESTER (NI) GE MONEY

Phew!

So, GE Capital Woodchester are among that lot and the address for your N1 claim form for DPA non-compliance should be;

GE Capital Woodchester

6 AGAR STREET

LONDON

WC2N 4HR

I would use the above address and look here for details on how to sue them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Make sure you insist that the court accept this as a claim for DPA non-compliance and that you use an N1 claim form.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Thanks so much. I knew they were a big company, but had no idea they dominated the market to this extent!

Will go to the next stage, thanks so much - next thing can anyone give me an idea of the amount I should be claiming in damages for non-disclosure? Should I limit it to £10 fee for SARS request, or should I charge them for my time?

Hi Starks

Please look here for details of how to do this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

I would advise that you claim for between £20 and £30, on top of your court fees (remembering that this should be a small claim and not a pre-action disclosure or a claim under Part 8 - see the notes at the start of the link above) The £10 fee is not part of your claim at this stage.

I will have this thread moved from the Welcome Forum too, as it should not be here.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received