robbersway for barclaycard, now sold to lowells

CG7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Somewhere on the letter from Red Debt it will mention a connection to Lowells. As far as I know its another one of their tentacles just like their paramilitary wing Hamptons Illegal. Rest easy the clowns at Lowells couldnt prove it so nor will Dead Debt

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Barclaycard sold this account to Lowells....how can Barclaycard now become a 'client'. Surely if it was sold to Lowells, Barclaycard gave up all rights over it! They are either 1. Trying to play mindgames (which they just aren't clever enough for) 2. Last ditch attempt into scaring you into paying them something 3. Been telling porkies all along!

What makes me laugh is that they consider us, the unfortunate people who due to personal circumstances get into debt, as the dishonest ones!!!!

Don't let them get to you CG, although I know sometimes its hard not to :)

So what do i need to do next folks anything or nothing.

Surely they can't send me a letter telling me that they wont bother me anymore and that the account is now closed, and then a week later send me another letter demanding money and making threats again,:confused::confused: Can they, I just need to know where I stand.

cg

Hi CG7

Just when you thought it was all over.

Try sending them a copy of the letter from Lowell Financial about the closed account and suggest that as they are part of the same company they should be aware of this.

See what comes back. If it is the same old template stuff then CCA them.

Have you reported them to TS yet. You will have more ammo now.

dencha

Hi Dencha,

Just Looking at the bottom of the letter they sent to me and it states that Red Debt Collection services are a trading style of Lowell Financial, so they must be the same company:rolleyes: they are in the same building.

When they wrote to me end of april before threating me with this and that, I sent both letters in the same envelope, recorded delivery to LF and Red Debt.

I don't know what to think about it all. and No I didn't bother with TS because I thought it was all over. well you do when thats what they tell you, in writing as well. silly me. lol

cg

Hi CG7

I am sorry to hear you are not well and have started believing what they say is true.

I have borrowed this link from one of Diskmandaves posts. Yes the one who likes waving his balloons around.

Hope it helps. Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

dencha

As I said earlier they are onae and the same. Write a strong letter pointing this out to them and Highlight the fact that they are a trading style of Lowells and that the should take themselves off in short sexual jerks

Dencha,

Who's being a cheeky boy then, or maybe girl. ;)

When they write a letter saying that they have closed your account you tend to believe them.

Is it worth one last stroppy letter dencha, do you think or not, any idea's.

cg

Time to set the dogs on 'em.

Get all your information together and report them to TS, OFT, FOS, any one that will listen.

These kind of tactics need to be stopped as they cause nothing but distress and heart ache.

I've been in touch with TS this afternoon regarding another DCA (RMA/NCO) for harressment. I must say the lady I spoke to at TS was very helpful and supportive indeed.

I even managed to get a really good plug for CAG into the converstaion while I was at it

So I'm now armed with an official reference which I'm going to send to them in the morning.

Typical, these "people" have been calling multiple times a day and the one day I WANT to talk to them they decide that today they wont call :(;)

TS may be slow, but they are there to help us.

How about sending them a LBA concerning deformation of character and any further reference to this "debt" will result in litigation being taken to clear your name in court.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi CG7

Don't Drink and Forum would probably be good advice for me. Definately a boy although well past the boy stage.

Only half a glass of Cider as well. Cheap night in.

All the good advise you are getting is leading you in one direction. Reporting them to TS will not only be helping yourself, but will help others in the same plight. Get them off your back as it is 2 months or more since your CCA request.

dencha

Thanks curlyben for that, i see all these abbrieviations and not sure what they stand for. lol

Dencha, I am too on a glass of cider, so i will forgive your sarcasim. cheeky.....

Hi

This is yet another case of right hand not knowing what left hand is doing.

Send them a copy of Lowell's letter and advise them to check their facts!!

Lowell's will have asked B/Card for the copy of the agreement to send to you in the first place and obviously there isn't one to be had - so no matter who Red Debt's clients are, they are up a gum tree!! :D

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Hi Pam, not seen you on for a while, have you been away.

Thanks for the advice and I will send them a copy of the letter from Lowell Financial, will it never end I ask myself.

Curlyben, Yes i think that could be very true.;)

Dear Red Debt (a trading style of Lowells)

Please see attached letter from your alleged parent company. IF you do not recognise this as your parent company then I can only draw the obvious conclusion and that is you do not know who your parents are.

Dear Red Debt (a trading style of Lowells)

Please see attached letter from your alleged parent company. IF you do not recognise this as your parent company then I can only draw the obvious conclusion and that is you do not know who your parents are.

In which case, you must be a b*****d!! :rolleyes:

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• 4 weeks later...

OMG I really need to know the answer to this please, They say that this is a true copy of the original agreement, will you all have just one more look for me and advise me please. they say as I already had a visa card with them at the time, that this mastercard application is just an extension of that original agreement and they won't take NO for an answer.

Thanks

Cg.....

Form1b.jpg

Its hard to read but it only looks like an application form. They will need to show written proof that this is covered by the ORIGINAL application. I think this is highly unlikely as Visa and Mastercard are two seperate companies