Claret74 V s Barclays.

claret74
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, as Tori suggests, for today leave the details for hearing.

You have a date! even though it is only a 'directions hearing' we can still use it to your advantage.

Call Krysta at the Litigation Team and tell her you have a court date [Do not let on that it is only a Directions Hearing]

They will assume they have missed your details in the mayhem of all the other claims.

Ask to speak to who ever is dealing with your claim.

Tell them you are willing to discuss settling out of court.

Dont forget to update your SOC's before contacting them so you are aware of your final figure [dont forget the court fees too]

If they disagree with your amounts, simply say OK I am happy to leave it to the judge to decide.

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have just spoken to Paul Quinn on 0207 1165634 who said that Barclays are looking to settle out of Court on all cases but they are doing it in strict date order. He informed me that I will be hearing from Barclays 3-4 weeks before my Court date with a settlement offer.

I will ring again at the end of July.:)

Right lets just leave the court details just for the moment.

Here is someeone at the litigation departments details;

Krysta Campbell

Barclays

Litigation and Disputes

1 Churchill Place

LONDON

E14 5HP

Tel: 02071164753

She is really nice just ask her who is dealing with your claim and whether you can be transferred to them. And ask them whether they are willing to settle the claim.

Worth a try

Tori

I have just phoned her and she has agreed to settle my MIL claim subject to varifying the charges, so I faxed here all the statements all 23 pages. :D

Sorry for the Hijack.:D

• 2 months later...

I have a court date of the 14th August and am just seeking reassurance that I am sending the correct stuff to Barclays. I have my letter explaining why I can't appear in court and my draft order for directions. I will also include my SOC. Who do I send the stuff to and is there anything else I need to do?

I have tried contacting Paul Quinn on a number of occasions and he doesn't return my calls.

I am very nervous about going to court and would prefer to settle before hand.

Any help or advice is so gratefully received.

Thanks.:rolleyes:

Who do I send the stuff to
Barclays Bank Plc

Litigation Dept

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

I have tried contacting Paul Quinn on a number of occasions and he doesn't return my calls.

he has to be the most ignorant when it comes to not replying.

try emailing several of them,

keep a copy of all attempts to contact them which can be used to show you did everything to keep it out of court, judges like this, it shows you didnt want to waste their time.

Hi Da£n,

Thanks for the reply, I knew I could rely on you.

When I send the stuff to the Litigation team, should I address it to any one in particular? i.e: Paul as he is dealing with my claim?

Can you advise me if I have got everything I need to send to the court?

I have my letter explaining why I can't appear in court and my draft order for directions. I will also include my SOC. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for your help again Dar£n.

Attempt to contact the Lit Team again to discuss settlement.

If they agree they will settle out of court get them to confirm via email.

get the persons name, the time n date of conversation and the details of the conversation, just in case they do not send the email.

if poss record the conversation.

You can then present this to the judge as your attempts to amicably settle the matter without involving the courts.

If you can not get through, simply record your efforts and present this also.

Send what the order asked for - I.e your representations for how the claim should proceed. The letter plus the draft order and SoC is fine.

Also send to Barclays as well as the court.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

GaryH,

Thanks for the reply and sorry if I'm being dense but when you say:

i.e your representations for how the claim should proceed

do you mean I should send a copy of the witness statement? I'm sorry I thought I only had to send the letter, Draft Order for Directions and the SOC. It is a Directions Hearing.

Thanks.

The letter plus the draft order and SoC.

You don't need a witness statement, court bundle, or anything else for that matter. Just send in your letter plus the draft order and SoC and make sure its there at least 7 days in advance.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

one last thing, my claim only goes up to June 2006 as that was the last time fees were paid out, that is until just recently, am I able to add these new charges on at this late stage and how should I do it?

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunatly you cant add more charges to your claim at this stage you might be able to get B's to add them to this claim .. failing that its go through the whole process again :)

If you amended your claim now it would cost you £35 unreclaimable and add several weeks onto the settlement of this claim as you would have to submit an N244 and a new N1 with new POC's to which B's would have a further 28 days to defend the new POC's

Today i emailed Dino in Barclays legal to discuss settling out of court and received this email in reply:

Clare

Barclays are now contesting all bank charges claims, we 
will be looking to have your claim stayed rather than reach an out of 
court settlement. 

Paul Quinn is dealing with your claim. His contact details are:

Direct Line – 0207-116-5634
Email – paul.quinn3@barclays.com

Kind Regards

Dino 

I am very worried now. Has anyone else been told this?

Clare

Hi Saintly,

Thanks once again for the reply.

What does having cases "stayed" actually mean? Is it just a way of buying time for the banks? Whats the point in having a court date if it can be changed?

I just want the banks to stop messing us around.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!

Saintly,

Again thanks, although I wish you had replied with better news:-D

I can't believe they are allowed to do that, it's so unfair. I started my claim back in January and I have read plenty of threads of other people who started at a similar time and have had their cases settled.

Is there anything we can do?