sharpgun v GMAC

sharpgun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

r u saying that i can start again and if i do start again does it mean i can contest the defaults entered by them on credit file?

Yes, start again with the prelim and then the LBA. You probably need to tot up the charges again as the interest would have increased.

You can of course contest the defaults at the same time especially if the default was wholly or partly due to the charges piling up.

Once you get to the court stage, you can make it a condition of your POC to have the default deleted.

BobbyH

• 1 month later...

We have recently tried to start the process again with GMAC and got a letter this morning saying basically , tough too late. We should have gone to the FOB last year before Xmas but didn't due to illness, and then it was too late as the 6 months were up. Started up again with Capital One and got all my money back thanks to the FOB (waiting for the cheque now). Any suggestions as what to do with GMAC now? They gave us so much worry when we had our mortgage with them.

We sent a prelim to start again around the same time as you and had a 'get lost' letter in the post yesterday:-

Our records show that we have previously outlined our position in our final response dated 13 June 2007. We also reaffirmed our position in our letter dated 06 July 2007. It is for the reasons outlined; we are not looking to re-open your complaint.

We consider your complaint closed and as such, we have nothing further to add. It is for this reason we will no longer communicate with you on this matter.

We are not satisfied with the outcome of this and will just have to go down the court route now. Will send a LBA to them but dont expect to hear any different. We were hoping that the FOB could help if we started again, as they have just got all our money back from Capital One, but as the 6 months have passed I dont think they can. Has anyone else won against these mobsters?

• 3 weeks later...

Rang the FO about GMAC not re-opening the case, and they said they could not help unless GMAC said they could, so rang them up and spoke to them. The man I spoke to said they were in their right to charge penalties. I told him we would take the case to court then and he said they would counterclaim and it would cost us a lot more. Scare tactics I guess. Has anyone ever won against these people? We are away for a couple of weeks too, so will start again later. Would appreciate any help available about what happens when you start the court case - it is quite scary!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sharpgun

I am guessing you want to start the court process.

You can either complete N1 and take it to court or use MCOL. Personally I would use the N1 route. This way you can have a more detailed POC.

As for the POC, there are a few dotted about the site, but you need to make sure the one you use is relevant for your claim.

If you need assistance I am sure someone will be along soon to assist you.

BobbyH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What does SAR and POC mean? Last time we spoke Sharpgun, both of us were at the same point - starting with letters again and told to get lost. The man from GMAC even phoned me up and said that if we claimed through court, the would counter claim.

• 4 weeks later...

if you claim through the lower courts ie below £5000 they canot counter claim so dont listen to bully boy tactics sorry iu didnt gewt back to you earlier but i have been working away. you must send a sar first if you look in the library you will find a sar if not ley me know and iu will e-mail you one

sharpgun

if you claim through the lower courts ie below £5000 they canot counter claim so dont listen to bully boy tactics sorry iu didnt gewt back to you earlier but i have been working away. you must send a sar first if you look in the library you will find a sar if not ley me know and iu will e-mail you one

sharpgun

Going to sound thick here - what is a SAR?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sharpgun

Does this mean if a creditor issues a claim against me for under £5,000, I cant counterclaim for non compliance of a Subject Access Request that is long overdue ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 4 months later...