Littlewoods Catalogue - Advice Please

jaxads
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Littlewoods account was passed to NDR then to Debt Managers Ltd.

18th June Debt Managers sent a "Notice of Proceedings"

19th June Littlewoods wrote to say they won't be pursuing the account for the outstanding balance of £260.45. As the debt remains unsatisfied, this will be noted on our internal file for future reference"

Looks like they didn't have the CCA Agreement ;)

I would just add that most of the £260.45 was made up of charges!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Hi,

Catalogue debts are legally unenforcable. Your friend could do the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to see what charges have been levied, this could also be used to establish how much has been paid into the a/c over the lifetime of it and if your friend is so minded she could claim the entire amount paid plus the charges and compensation. Where credit is provided there must be a credit agreement, catalogues never provide one for you to sign, therefore the debt cannot be enforced.Your friend needs to do a CCA request, to obtain a copy of the credit agreement.They won't provide one, only excuses as to why they don't need to, which is rubbish!

Tell your friend to get copies of her credit file from experian, equifax and callcredit. They will probably have put something on one of them. This is defamation of character because you cannot record details on the CRA's files for a debt that is legally unenforcable!

I hope this is useful.

Laiste.:)

Laiste, are you saying that if the catalogue company cannot produce an agreement all the money ever paid to the account can be claimed back? You can still claim your money back even if you have chosen to keep the goods ordered?

• 2 months later...

Guess what ................received a letter in the post this morning from Moorcroft .....

who have been instructed by Littlewoods to collect the overdue debt of £@@@@@@ .................
oh have they now!!!

They have given 7 days in which to pay balance before litigation.

Will have to CCA them now!!!!

They won't have it - as Littlewoods and NDR and Debt Managers didn't have it ................here we go again!!!

(Friend has a letter from Littlewoods confirming they wouldn't be chasing for the balance (this was after NDR and Debt Managers tried) so looks like they've now passed on to Moorcroft. Will they never learn!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

Why would you need to CCA moorcroft? if you have already CCA'd Tittlewoods then all you should need to do is inform these fools that the account is in dispute and subject to a CCA request which was made on xxxxxx and they have failed to comply. as a result Tittlewoods are in default and not entitled to enforce the debt. therefore you would like moorcroft to F%^K OFF and crawl back under thier rock or words to that effect:D

regards

paul

Hi Paul --

Many thanks for your comments, I do like your last sentence and that's ideally what I'd like to say to them :D

Moorcroft's letter starts - we have been instructed by LITTLEWOODS WAREHOUSES LTD to collect your overdue debt of ..........

then goes on about intended litigation and payment by 6/9/07.

Now we have a letter from littlewoods confirming they won't be pursuing the balance

.........so someone is telling porkies!!

I thought to CCA Moorcroft as, it would give them something to do :p and get them off our backs for a while!!!!

However, I would also like to write to them, stating Littlewoods have said that they won't be pursuing the debt and that either they are Moorcroft are big fat liars!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder who Moorcroft will pass it on to next?????

jaxads

Hi

If you have a copy of the letter from them saying that they wont be pursuing you for the debt, then i would send moorcrap a photocopy and explain that you do not acknowledge any debt to moorcrap or tittlewoods and that the alleged account is subject to a valid CCA request and they have failed to provide the required documents under the said request so they (tittlewoods) are in default of that request and not entitled to enforce the debt while the default continues. further more once a further 30 calender days has passed plus the 12 working days they are commiting an offence. i would advise them of this and ask thatthey confirm in writing that they will not be pursuing you in view of the information you have provided

hopefully that should sort them out

regards

paul

Hi Paul -- will get on to that now. I'm just about to send my response, so will let you know how I get on.

Many thanks.

jaxads

jaxads