Alliance and leicester fined by FOS for retaliatory account closure

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi fergal71 - I didn't send them anything - I sent this letter to nationwide and they then had 8 weeks to respond to my complaint, under either FSO or OFT guidelines. Nationwide sent me a letter just under the 8 week deadline offering compensation :)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

cheers my letters are already in the post I was just wondering if I never got favourable response what should I send too fso????? cheers sue

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Well done, Redsue! I've been writing to the Nationwide since February trying to get a response from them and they keep ignoring them. Have now had to complain to the FOS just because I can't even get a response to my letters. Even their Chairman's Office doesn't acknowledge letters!

I may try a lettr of the type you've sent and see if that inspires them to actually answer!

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I've been writing to the Nationwide since February trying to get a response from them and they keep ignoring them. Have now had to complain to the FOS just because I can't even get a response to my letters. Even their Chairman's Office doesn't acknowledge letters!

They're pathetic - I sent mine direct to Charles Bacon although he's as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

will s - thanks, I knew it was one or the other!

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

egg said no to compensation for account closure anyone have letter draft to send to fso about retaliatory closure?????????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Hi Fergal, I didn't send a letter. All I did was e-mailed richard.pym@alliance-leicester.co.uk one of the A&L Big Boys to ask him to 'reconsider' the account closure. One of his sidekicks responded within 24 hours telling me I didn't have a leg to stand on. I then went on the ombudsman website and filled in the complaint form online and printed it off with a copy of the e-mail. Got a couple of letters from the ombudsman saing they were investigating the complaint and then a letter saying A&L had agreed to pay £200 compensation :-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nationwide closed one of my accounts when I claims back my money. 2 days before the stated closure date I opened up a new account (purely for cash withdrawal on holiday) and it opened ok.

I then followed the complaining to the ICO about this unfair practice and have just accepted the Nationwide offer of £150. Just waiting for the cash now.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

• 4 weeks later...

After successfully claiming charges back from Coop Bank in January (£5k) I have had one additional charge levied to my a/c which was reomed immediately when I contacted the bank by telephone. They bent over backwards to oblige!!

However, another charges was levied on 26 July which I again requested the removal of by 'phone and then by letter. This time they would not budge!

Interestingly, I've noticed an entry on my Experian credit file which appeared in August relating to my bank a/c with the Coop and giving the status of my overdraft. The a/c has been oepn now for almost 7 years with no credit file entry ... until now.

Its seems retaliatory with the intention of being punitive? I am about to write to the Coop and query its presence and their justification for putting it there.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Letter of complaint posted to A&L today. I tried to get as many phrases from the FOS decision as possible into the complaint; "I believe your action was a retaliatory and punitive measure...", etc, etc.

Hi

Account was closed in Aug '06 after we got £6k+ in charges back. I was furious then and I'm no less furious now!

Hi

Both myself and wife's account was closed in Aug 06 after £2500+ in charges back I also had to pay back £600 revolving budget account. Is there a template letter of complaint I could use to send to A&L regarding retaliatory closure?

regards

Kev

Hi

Both myself and wife's account was closed in Aug 06 after £2500+ in charges back I also had to pay back £600 revolving budget account. Is there a template letter of complaint I could use to send to A&L regarding retaliatory closure?

regards

Kev

Hi Kev

I have some letters that another CAGGER used for the closure of his a/c which I will PM to you now. There's quite a bit to read but in light of the fact that you've already paid back the £600 and the a/c was closed in Aug, I hope things are not too late :-|

Anyway, go get 'em all guns blazing:D

• 3 months later...