shoddy windows installation - company or GE Money that financed it?Help re "dual responsibility"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could some one shed some light on this?

A girlfriend of mine has just had windows fitted by a company (in Scotland) they have left a completely shoddy job. The workmanship is terrible, plus the large L/room window bends (using 1 finger)in the middle and is warped.She phoned the window fitters to call back and have a look at the problems but they have broken two appointments. She has also spoken to the sales team with the window fitting company ,with no help!!!

(The windows were paid for using finance from GE Money ,who have paid the Window fitting company).

My guess is that this window company will be either bust soon or will refuse, or make it difficult to rectify the problems with the windows,I told my friend to ask the finance company (GE Money)for advise........they said they would send her a form regarding "dual responsibility", so what does this mean.

William

As she paid for the windows using credit supplied by GE Money they are also responsible for the goods. It it is covered by the Consumer Credit Act section 75......

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 states that the lender of money for a purchase is jointly responsible with the seller for the purchaser getting the goods or service purchased, or receiving a full refund if they do not receive the goods or service.

So even if the company go bust GE Money are responsible for ensuring that your g/f has been supplied with the correct service ie her windows.

If you google the act you should get more details of exactly how it works.

Good luck.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

• 6 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to shoddy windows installation - company or GE Money that financed it?Help re "dual responsibility"