rob-the-viking has a punt

rob-the-viking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Rob, the old generation have a lot to say. My uncle Tom who is well into his 80's now, was shot down in a bomber over Denmark and they had to smuggle him out, went back across there 2 years ago to meet the families who saved him.

Have a read of the article.

Maybe you could print it out for your Grandad to have a read.

The Crash Landing at Plougslund Moor

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

And this icNewcastle - I just didn't have time to be afraid

Just makes me shudder reading it. Lot of respect

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

rob, give him a tape recorder and some tapes and ask him to tell you his stories again - you'll be glad you did.

maybe you could write them up for him.

i, too, am in total respect and awe of that generation.

• 2 weeks later...

hi rob, just been reading ur thread with a great deal of interest. TOTAL respect to that generation, both my grandparents were in the RAF at the time as well, which is what inspired me to join as well :)

quick question - u been to egypt in may, whats it like? thinking of it as a honeymoon destination atm

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Rayne.

Egypt is nice mate, went to Sharm el Sheikh for my holiday. There are the usual touts that pester you as soon as you step outside the hotel complex, but once you learn to ignore them you'll be fine. Everything for sale there is up for bartering. DO NOT pay the price they ask, offer to pay no more than half what the are asking! If them try to push you, just walk away, and don't be afraid to say no.

Cairo is worth a day trip, we flew up there for the day and saw the Pyramids, the Sphinx, and went round the Cairo Museum. It was a long day but we really enjoyed it. Cairo itself though is a very dirty City once you get out of the centre, for somewhere that has such history I would have expected them to take better care of it.

The diving there is great, if that's your thing, but to be honest, unless you're a proper diver, and want to go and dive some wrecks and the like, you can see just as much marine life with a snorkel, a mask and some flippers. (Again, haggle like crazy if you intend to buy them out there!!) Tipping gets you everywhere in Sharm, we went all inclusive but a few US dollars here and there and the staff couldn't enough for us.

If you mention that you're on honeymoon then you'll probably get all kinds of upgrades and stuff, so don't be afraid to drop that into conversations, mention it when you book too, wherever you decide to go.

If I'm being brutally honest, then I should tell you to expect to get the sh*ts, they say that 50% of tourists do. You can get some pretty good medication out there, just ask one of the reps.

I enjoyed my time there and would go back. It was nice and hot (good for my better half who is a sun junkie) and there was plenty to do.

I've just booked my Honeymoon for next year, to the Maldives. Only a mere 378 days to go.....................

hope this helps!

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

rob thats brillaint info m8y, thanx :)

admittedly the maldives was top of our list but we realised that when we wanted to go was just entering their rainy season so decided on mexico instead. however thats been put on hold as the other halfs best friend suddenly decided to book it as well for the exact same time!!! rude or what?

we're down to 308 days atm but still undecided on honeymoon destinations now, maldives and egypt being the top 2 choices on the grounds everyone does dom rep nowadays.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Rayne, I know the feeling about honeymoon destinations! we looked at mexico, and several others that way. Cuba is worth a look by the way, or if you can handle a long flight, try south africa, there is loads to see and do there. I also know what you mean about the rainy season, however, I think you get rain all year round in the maldieves, i've spoken to people that have been in june/july and they said its great. Sometimes it gets so humid you want it to rain! http://www.tripadvisor.com is a really useful site with reviews of loads of hotels in every destination you can think of, written by ordinary folk like us, aswell as the tour operators.

Castlepedro, no news as yet my friend. seems there's nothing I can do but wait until my date at the end of next month. DG (aka the anti-christ) ignore all my attempts to contact them, the courts ignore my request for the defence to be struck out, think I'm out of options now except for waiting it out. Unfortunatey my friends grandfather is still no better, so i've not been able to get him to cast his legal genius eyes over my claim yet either.

Unfortunatey i've just got to wait it out mate.

Still, could be worse, I could have only just started my claim! 6 months have flown by, just hope the next 6 weeks do the same.

And as for another good man biting the dust, for me the sun rises and stes with her, she's perfect!

a bleary eyed

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

rofl

looks like the maldives is a winner atm but no doubt that will change again lol

how can urs be perfect rob? mines perfect :p lol j/k

If your looking at that part of the world I would suggest you look for something with Air Conditioning, (I worked in Sri Lanka) Its a very odd climate for a european, 80% humididty day and night and it doesnt cool down a lot at night either so very warm all the time.

Its fine doing things in the day, you get used to it but its so nice to have some cool dry air to sleep in.

pete

Jailbird, thanks for the thoughts! Unfortunately I've already thrown a good deal of money at the Maldives! You don't wanna know how much it's going to cost believe me!! Still, it pleases me that Colon and co are footing some of the bill!

Cheers easy!

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

No problem. Im sure you will enjoy. Im going back to Antuiga in November and hopefully with the money I am claiming back !

Just wish the DJ would make his mind up what is happening and let me know.

JB:p

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've just had the misfortune to read that another forum member went to his directions hearing today tried his hardest, but the the judge appeared to have made up his mind before he set foot in the court and ordered a stay pending the results of the OFT test case.

see here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/107254-directions-hearing-1st-august.html#post1050064

Any thoughts of how I should play it at my directions hearing at the end of the month of am I in the same boat now? As it turns out it would appear I've now missed the boat.

a not so impressed

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

if they really do read these things - i'd go for the approach that you have done all the running - they have done nothing - not even responded to court directions - and doesn't that seem like they are calling the shots - you would think the judge would see through this blatant manipulation of the court system......try this -

Application for removal of a stay - UPDATED TO ACCOUNT FOR OFT TEST CASE(1 Viewing)

and this:

OFT v Banks - **Don't panic!!!**

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings all. Typical, I go away and when I return there's a letter from DG (aka the anti-christ) waiting for me when I get back. I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting it though. They plan to apply for a stay. Looking at the list, the court I'm due at next week for a directions hearing seem to be granting the stays for all cases. Bugger.

Still, I intend to go to the hearing and try my best to make the Judge realise that the banks are infact the spawn of satan, sent here to destroy the planet and why should he grant their request for a stay when they didn't see fit to comply with the courts instructions to file an AQ. I suspect I'll be wasting my breath but we'll see.

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

Got a letter through the post from the courts today, District Judge Bloomfield has decided that:

"The claim be stayed pending the final determination of the Office of Fair trading test case 2007 folio 1186.

There be permission to lift the stay on 2 day notice."

Bugger. N244 time me thinks.

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

• 5 weeks later...

OK, not much of an update really, stay aplication romoval submitted though. I did however write to my MP a few weeks ago complaining of the way the OFT, the FSA and the banks have conducted buisness. I though nothing of if until to my surprise I got a letter through this morning. Turns out my MP has been pestering the OFT on my behalf! I've scanned it in and put it below so as the clever people can dissect it and see if there's anything useful. (That means you Pete!)

SCAN0009800x600.jpg

SCAN0010800x600.jpg

SCAN0011800x600.jpg

SCAN0012800x600.jpg

Not sure if there's anything of use in there, seems to me to just be confirming what I already knew.

Over to you pete/freaky/lattie/auders etc......

a bleary eyed

r-t-v

27/01/07 Prelim sent

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

glad to see you around rob!

it's interesting and i'm sure pete will pick it to bits when he gets to it - audrey will like it too.

i'm like you i read it and think i'll stay head cheerleader for the mo....

been anywhere good lately or is it classified?

don't be a stranger!