Starting my claim against HSBC

meggiemoo_d
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I still get my statements through the post every month!! And have definately never requested paperless.

I only noticed this last month. Maybe its a new thing they've started.

Its worth asking for as I have been able to calculate that they owe me around £300 plus interest and I only found this site yesterday!!!

Claim against Capital 1 £713........SETTLED.....Thanks Capital 1!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

HSBC account and mastercard

Student account that has been changed to a graduate account (despite the fact I'm still a student, and have provided proof of this!!!)

Its the most basic run-of-the-mill account there is!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Student account that has been changed to a graduate account (despite the fact I'm still a student, and have provided proof of this!!!)

Its the most basic run-of-the-mill account there is!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

I did post this a while ago :p

on the main online-banking screen, select your account you want to view the statements for.

It will bring up details of transactions in the past month or so... at this point you need to click "my statements" under the "My Accounts" heading on the left hand side of the page, this should display a choice of statements back to January 2005, you can then click "next set" to go back further than this.

I would imagine it's the same for all accounts but cannot be 100% sure. HTH guys/gals! :)

I did post this a while ago :p

on the main online-banking screen, select your account you want to view the statements for.

It will bring up details of transactions in the past month or so... at this point you need to click "my statements" under the "My Accounts" heading on the left hand side of the page, this should display a choice of statements back to January 2005, you can then click "next set" to go back further than this.

I would imagine it's the same for all accounts but cannot be 100% sure. HTH guys/gals! :)

That is brilliant, I've always been frustrated by only being able to veiw the past month. I guess they don't advertise this to keep us all in the dark as to what happens to our money!

Mine is a bog standard current account too.

Many thanks

:D

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I've worked out my list of charges from my bank account and mastercard and going to send the initial letters on Monday. One thing I do think is strange with the charges. How come some days it costs £10 for card misuse, then a week later it can costs £30!!! Do they not have a list of standard charges as stated by them in most letters!!!

Will I have to make seperate claims for the bank account and mastercard or can I make one claim against HSBC?

HSBC Bank Account = 350

Mastercard = 240

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Hi,

It is difficult to work out what you are meant to reclaim when the banks use arbitrary pricing for services. If you use the following as a guide you should be okay:

You can claim for everything on your statements that is not a justifiable service fee, or justifiable interest:

Claim:

* Penalty Charges applied to your account. This is for exceeding overdrafts, referral/representation of DD’s and SO’s, cancellation of DD’s and SO’s, card misuse charges - the list is long!

* Interest charged to your account for any of the above

* When the interest is applied to the penalty charges, then this interest should be included in your claim

* If your transaction history identifies what interest is applied for what reason, then be honest about the amount you request

* If the interest is not itemised, then claim for ‘Interest Charges,’ and the onus will be on the bank to demonstrate the proportion they are entitled to

Don't Claim:

* Agreed fees, such as £5 monthly overdraft arrangement fee

* In any 'charging month' if you have an interest charge, but no penalty charges, then clearly this is 'legitimate' interest charged to your overdraft. Do NOT claim for this

* Additionally, this figure can be used to apply an 'average' to your interest 'proper' charges over the months - i.e. deduct this figure from 'Interest Charges' each month, and the remainder will be an approximate figure for interest applied to penalty charges

* Any concept of costs or time at this time

* Interest other than that which appears on your statements

* Interest at 8% APR (that comes when you raise your claim at court)

If you want to see a vigorous debate on what the valid interest elements are, then check out: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5934

Good luck with the letter.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Would you do a joint or seperate claim? I have been advised to do a separate claim by another person on here but not sure!!!

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

On my list:

Barclaycard

Littlewoods

Dorothy Perkins/GE Money

Natwest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks