Help!

baby_c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-x I am SO angry and at the end of my tether with HSBC bank. the excessive charges and the constant meddling with my accounts.. on numerous occasions i have had money switched between accounts and money taken without my permisson.. how do i go about claiming back these excessive charges?

Hi welcome to the site..

First task is to channel some of that anger into reading the FAQS and posts relating to your bank, and anything that sounds like it resembles your current situation (of which there will be lots!!).

Take some time to absorb the information, it will give you a clear understanding of the proceesses involved and hopefully the next step you need to take..

Good luck.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Thank you for your help. its alot to take in, but ill get there.. i will keep u updated with my progress.. but im sure i will be screaming for more help soon :-)

There may be a "Sticky" with the contact details at the top of the HSBC forum - however having said that sending to your local branch is fine if there isn't. Good luck

• Confused 1

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Also, depending on what information you already have you might need to use the Data Protection act request template or if you already have all your statements then you can just send the preliminary request for refund of charges template.

If you don't have your statements, send the DPA request and don't forget to include a £10 cheque. This is the absolute maximum that they can charge you for all the statements you need for the last 6 years so don't be fobbed off by them if they try to charge you more.

Once you have sent the DPA letter they get 40 days to respond to you.

Hope this helps

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

most importantly where do i send it to? my local Hsbc branch?
I sent my to my local branch, address to the manager. I had replies, not from him, but Alan Pretty and then the great Mr Phil Beaumont.

Neil.

I sent both my initial refund request and my letter before action to Allan Petty.......seemed as good a choice as any.

HSBC - Cheque in the post for £984.40 (without admittance of liability)

First Direct - settled £302.50 (without admittance of liability!!)

Lloyds TSB - received copy statements this morning so working through those.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks