_/\_ Forthepeople Vs NatWest Default _/\_

forthepeople
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

your account was overdue on x occasions and x insufficient payments were made. In additions to this your account had also exceeded the allocated credit limit x times.

Presumambly, you were charged £20-30 for every one of the x's. How much does that add up to, and what proportion is it of your overdraft when the default was registered?

Firstly, you should reclaim the charges anyway.

Secondly, if the default would not have been registered if the the charges had not been there (ie the charges account for a significant proprtion of the overdraft), then you can dispute that you owed them the money and make a complaint that they have therefore committed an offence under the Data Protection Act in sharing your data with Triton.

Thirdly, you can require them to remove the default at the same time as reclaiming the charges. The initial request letter and LBA in the templates library have paragraphs for this.

I'm not an expert, but this is what I understand from reading lots of threads on this site. Perhaps someone will correct anything I have said which is not correct.

Steven

• Haha 1

Thanks for your help, will file N1 this week, any good threads for help with this?

There are loads - just follow through one of the sucess threads. A lot use MCOL but you should be able to find on that used the N1 route fairly easily.

Post your Particulars of Claim before you submit them so that someone else can check for bloopers.

We are about to submit our N1 against GE Money - see out PoC here (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/post-536389.html) which was checked throuh by westy. Yours may or may not be a bit different.

You should also check throufh the notes they give you with the form very carefully to make sure everything is included. It doesn'tseem to be too hard (although I guess time will tell!)

Steven

• 4 months later...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Well Done forthepeople

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site